chapter 2 ~ Swaying in your arms

"Oh, what a coincidence indeed." Alice walked passed the group, whispering low enough only for the vampires to hear - chiming into Carmen's earlier statement. She gave everyone a big smile, with special attention to Tanya. Then she joined her husband, who stood near Emmett.

All vampires, but Tanya and Edward, raised their eyebrows. They were trying to decipher what that meant. Kate was the first one to connect the dots and her head turned comically fast to her sister.

So that's why Tanya was acting so strange. It wasn't because of Edward choosing a boring human over her. It was because of said human's sister. Kate's gaze subtly turned back and forth between Dani and Tanya, a shit eating grin adorned her face.

Carmen broke the silence and gestured to another blonde, who joined them reluctantly. "Irina, come meet Bella and Dani."

"I can't do this." Irina's eyes looked pained, as she glanced nervously to Seth.

"You promised." Tanya said softly, momentarily resisting the magnetic pull, Dani had over her and stepping into her role as the coven leader and older sister.

"They invited one." When Irina nodded into the direction of the Quileute boy, everyone's attention moved to him.

Dani didn't know what happened between her and Seth. What she knew was, that she liked the boy and couldn't imagine him doing something, that would upset the caramel blonde or anyone else. She nearly stepped in to defend him, but the conversation turned into something Dani couldn't even think of, even if she tried.

"He's our friend." Edward said softly.

"They killed Laurent."

"He'd tried to-" Edward stopped himself, turning to Dani. When he gave his wife's waist a squeeze, Bella stepped forward and took her sister by the arm.

"Hey, why don't we get something to drink?" She was nervous, while she dragged Dani away to a table with champagne glasses.

Bella was always clumsy and nervous, but Dani was sure she'd never seen her sister like that before. Following along nonetheless, they soon came to a stop in front of the table and Bella grabbed two glasses, handing one to her sister.

"I don't even want to know." Dani answered and taking a sip, while her sister avoided her eyes. The tension eased off of Bella's shoulders immediately after hearing that and she took a sip of her own.

Dani wasn't into gossip or drama, she preferred to stay far away from it. It made life easier and besides, she had her own things to worry about and didn't need additional weight.

They continued to sip their drinks and talked about nothing in particular, as their father appeared. "Look at you. Both my girls, all grown up." Ushered tears welled in his eyes as he proudly looked at his two daughters.

"You're turning soft, old man." Bella chuckled as their father enveloped them both into an awkward but loving group hug.

"Yeah, that happens when one of your daughters gets married and the other studies in another state." He sniffed subtly, letting them go again.

"You're sounding like one of us will drop dead or something." The older Swan sister joked and Bella tensed again. Dani eyed her with knitted eyebrows, but her attention went back to their father.

"I'll be driving Sue and Seth to the reservation later. Maybe even stay overnight..." a small smile grazed his lips, as he looked to Sue, who stood at the other side of the crowd. "Can you manage to get home safely by your own?"