chapter 3 ~ beautiful Australian woman

Dani knew two things. Two things that were cristal clear to her, the moment she gained consciousness again. First of all, her head was pounding like a sledgehammer was assaulting her skull and secondly, her mouth tasted like an animal died inside.

Groaning, she pressed the heels of her hands against her eyes, pushing down until she saw stars. Then she let her arms fall to her side, while she sat up and looked around. She was in her room in Forks and the clock read 11am. Dani had no idea how she got here.

Groaning again, she swung her legs over the edge of the bed, when her eyes caught a glass on her nightstand. The uncomfortable burning of her throat made her instinctively reach out to quench it, gulping it down in one swing. This however proved to be a big mistake, as her stomach twisted in protest and Dani ran into the bathroom to empty her guts out.

Leaning her flushed face against the cool seat of the toilet, she took a deep breath and concentrated on fighting against the nausea. It proofed to be a loosing battle however, as she again hung her head in defeat and just let it happen.

After brushing her teeth and taking a shower, the brunette went downstairs. "Dad?" Her voice rang through the house, but no answer came back. Charlie had to be still at Sue's.

Contemplating against eating a late breakfast, Dani took some ibuprofen and went back to her room. She still had some time to kill, before she had to catch her flight in Port Angeles at 8pm. So, she sat back on her bed and tried to remember how she got here.

Memories of the night before flashed through her mind, dancing with Tanya, the strawberry-blonde holding onto her while they swayed. The gloomy feeling she'd felt when they separated. Renée making her angry, which resultet to drinking and then...

Dani's eyebrows knitted together as she concentrated to retrieve those memories. Fragments slowly coming back. She was swimming inside amber eyes, strong arms lifting her and a car drive. The word mate falling repeatedly and Dani remembering calling Tanya a beautiful Australian woman.

"Fuck." The brunette whispered into the dead of the room. She made an utter fool of herself. Groaning, she took her head in her hands and chastised herself for being the dumbest idiot on earth.

The light streamed inside her room then and a glint caught her eyes. The brunette reached mindlessly forward, feeling her hands enclosing around her phone. She flipped it open and skimmed through it. The new saved contact 'beautiful Australian woman' made her stop.

"No way." Dani whispered dumbstruck. What happend? Her mind just blacked out. Although Dani was no stranger to alcohol or even drugs, consuming both with her friends regularly. She knew that it was unhealthy, but sometimes the brunette needed to relax and forget all the shit that was going on. Sometimes too often though, she had to admit to herself.

The memory loss was frustrating and not remembering what happened yesterday, wouldn't let her go. "Only one way to find out." Dani mumbled, as she typed a message and pressed send.

Dani: hey Tanya :)

Dani stared at the chat and her poorly attempt to initiate conversation. Would the blonde even talk to her after she acted like an idiot? Dani shook her head. Of course she would! Who else gave her this number, if not Tanya? A ping in her hand made her jump, the phone nearly slipping from her grasp, as she fumbled and wrestled with it, to not let it fall.

beautiful Australian woman: hey Dani, how are you feeling?

The brunette could feel her heart pounding inside her chest while reading this. A smile developed on her face.