Chapter 60: The Letter

Start from the beginning

"I see," Y/n looked down. She heard a rustling from the other chamber of the crypt, Remus must have heard it too and both their eyes widened.

"You have to go back to the corner." Remus let go of her hands and Y/n fell to the floor and shuffled back to her corner. "Good luck, pup." He mouthed.

The corners of Y/n lips formed into a smile and she nodded at her dad. He turned around and looking towards the direction of the sound, and footsteps began to echo through the chamber.Y/n lay in her corner, thinking over everything her dad said to her, anger rose in her chest. Why would Dumbledore want her to suffer? He cared more about information on the pack rather than the safety of one of his members.

The other people were waking up, she could tell that the sun was rising. Greyback stood in on the other side of the bars.

"How was she last night, Remus?" He asked, not taking his eyes of the girl.

"Been awake all night." He replied to him, "She tried begging again but I ignored her."

"Good man, Remus." Greyback patted his shoulder which made Y/n flinch, "When do you think we should start today? You know her best, Remus."

"I think, we should say now, but not do anything until at least 11. She'll get herself too anxious and join us out of fear." Remus told him.

"BRILLIANT!" Greyback boomed, "Why didn't we think of that? Come on, Remus. Let's find a suitable piece of bark."

Greyback walked off and Remus winked at Y/n and followed him. She sighed with relief that she had at least 3 hours without getting tortured. All she could do now was wait, one more week.

The day was filled with anticipation and also dread. She was anxiously waiting for Greyback to come back with more bark. That's when she immediately realised this is exactly what Greyback wants her to do, he wants her to panic, make a snap decision. She took deep breaths and calmed herself whilst she waited.

Greyback returned at 11:30, she could see a clock at the end of the corridor. He came back with three other people. She knew what was happening, Greyback swiped his hand along the padlocks and all of them clicked open, the door was pushed open and the three people walked in, one of them with the bark.

The two without sprawled her body out, she was too weak to try and fight their grip, they were too strong. The bark was dropped into her mouth and the agonising pain started immediately. Her screams of pain were echoed throughout the crypt. Remus saw some of them laughing and whispering amongst themselves, he had to fake a smile. But all he wanted to do was take the bark out of her mouth.

Her screams lasted for 3 long minutes. But the volume was fading as she was growing weaker until it stopped. Remus' heart was pounding in his chest until Greyback emerged two minutes later.

"She's a strong one, that Lupin." Greyback announced.

"She's better off dead." One of them tutted, "She's no use to us if she's not joining." Anger grew in Remus' chest, he had to fight any way of showing it.

"Remus, how about you come along later for the evening round and encourage her. It was a fun scene to watch yesterday." Greyback smiled to himself. Remus took a deep breath and nodded.

Y/n lay on the floor, struggling to breathe as she fought to stay alive. Her body burned and ached, any breath or tiny movement caused her agony. She felt sick from the silver but didn't have enough food or water in her to throw up.  How can she survive this for another week? She hoped they're running out of the bark just to give her a break.

The evening torture was worst than the afternoon, each time the bark was getting bigger and bigger. And there was more silver on it. This time, she had the bark in her mouth for 4 and a half minutes. Remus watched her suffer, he hated it. But he has to remember the mission, he even thought the boundaries Dumbledore had set him was cruel.