37 ~ 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒊𝒓𝒄𝒍𝒆

Start from the beginning

- Coming - I replied, looking at the already sleeping Tara

That was fast.

- Let's go.

I turned to the girl feeling mixed emotions. I'm in love with Tara, but Tara isn't in love with me. I will marry Jill, even though it will be devastating for both of us. As I said earlier, both situations are tragic for me. No matter what I do, I will be unhappy.

There is no other side, that's it. That's my life.

I left the room with Jill. I don't know what this night will be like, but it would certainly be better than sleeping in the same bed as Tara.

Maybe I'll be able to forget about her for a while.

...

- One more, please - I said and I held my glass to Jill

- As you wish.

She filled my glass with red wine and I rested my head on the bed. I don't know how it happened, but we sit on the floor next to the bed, drink wine, listen to our favorite songs and talk about life. It's a bit weird, but I like it. We did that in the past too. Those were our quiet evenings.

I didn't ask her anything about the wedding. I'm sure she knows, but I don't want to talk about it. I want to push this thought away and come back to it only when necessary. Hopefully not soon.

- I missed you - she said

I tilted my head towards her and smiled.

- I missed you too.

- If not, then don't lie - she laughed - I understand.

- No, I'm serious - I raised myself a little to be closer - I did.

She smiled and drank some wine. I'm staring at her like a picture. I could kiss her and forget about Tara.

- What made you come here? - she asked

- You? - I answered and I frowned

- Bullshit - she said, but in a calm tone

- Okey. I got mad at Tara and didn't want to see her.

I gritted my teeth and stared into the glass.

- What happened?

- Doesn't matter - I shook my head - But...- I hesitated and looked into her eyes - I'm happy that I'm here with you.

She gave me that sweet smile like before. She reached out and ran her hand through my hair.

- Me too.

Without thinking too much, I leaned in to kiss her but she pulled away. I was surprised and looked at her confused. I blinked a few times and I moved away embarrassed.

- I'm sorry...

- Don't.

She took her phone, turned the music up a little and threw it on the bed.

- I just don't want you to think I expect it - she told me - We don't have to do anything.

She yawned, stood up and stretched. Then she held out her hand for me to stand up too. Despite my confusion, I grabbed her hand and stood up.

I do not understand what's going on.

- We'll dance. You need to relax - Jill said

- I'm relaxed - I shrugged and smile

- Not enough.

She put my hand on her shoulder and grabbed my waist. The music is calm. We're moving slowly, looking at each other. I don't feel weird, it's not the first time I've danced with her. She always knew how to do it very well.