|40|: Wrath/غصہ

Start from the beginning

He asked worry seeping in every part of his body. That anxious feeling was back. Now stabbing at his heart at a snail's speed.

"He's here. Him. He'll take me."

Coldness covered his form as he understood the he. Quickly sitting at the drivers seat, he roared the engine to life while speaking into the phone

"I'll be there. Stay on the phone."

He heard her sob and that broke his heart. Pedaling hard on the gas, he literally zoomed past the area trying to get to her as fast as he can. He again heard some banging before his wife's panicked voice came through the device's speaker.

"Hurry, please."

"I'm coming. I'm coming."

He stepped harder on the pedal, simultaneously he broke the traffic signal. He heard screaming from the other side before he heard that malicious disgusting voice and his wife's cry.

"Get away from her. Leave her alone. Don't your dare touch her. GET AWAY FROM HER."

He shouted at last. He heard his wife's ragged breathing before that ugly voice reared through the speaker

"Too late lover boy." The line disconnected after that. Intense fear paralysed him and gripped his heart in a vice grip.

No. No. No. No.NO!NO!NO!

He can't lose her too. He can't bear to lose her. Not her. Please not her.

All hell broke lose as he drove past the streets and roads trying to reach to her sooner while constantly praying to Allah to keep her safe. After what felt like hours to him, he finally reached his home and climbed out of the car even before the engine was off. He ran inside his house only to stop dead in his tracks when all he heard was this empty, eerie silence. Running inside their room, he searched for her.

"Safa? Where are you?"

He shouted, but dread settled over his form when he didn't hear her reply. He strode to the kitchen where he saw blood. Staggering back, he ran outside in search for her but she was nowhere to be found. He ran and shouted for her asking people if they have seen her, but none gave him hope. The sun set behind the clouds and darkness swept over the horizon. He fell to his knees when after hours of searching, he still couldn't find her. The call of prayer resonated in the air and his head snapped up. Listening to the magical words, his feet took him to the Masjid on its own accord. Entering inside, he made ablution before he stood on the prayer mat. As soon as his forehead touched the ground, tears left his eyes. For he knew the Lord above was listening. His Allah was listening to his cries and pleas. And he will answer.

He prayed his namaz and sat crossed leg and joined his hands for the Dua. All he prayed for was her safety. He can't bear to lose her. She's the light to his darkness. The peace of his chaos. His other half. He can't see his future without her. He doesn't want a life in which she doesn't exist. He blamed himself for being angry at her for so long. For not forgiving her sooner. If only he had sat aside his anger, she won't be taken. She would still be with him. He shouldn't have agreed to let her go home alone. He should have stopped her, but no. He was busy making million dollar deals while she was suffering at the hands of the devil. He should have gotten to her sooner. Without his knowledge the tears started to leak out of his eyes as he sat before his Creator.

"What happened, bacche?"

He looked up to see the Imam of the Masjid. Wiping his tears, he said

"I'm praying for my wife." His voice was hoarse. His muscles were strained and all his energy was drained.

"What happened to her?"

The next words were hard for him, but he needed to talk to someone, so he told him the truth

"She's been kidnapped. I couldn't get to her in time."

His head lowered in shame as the guilt overpowered his form.

"I'm sorry for what happened to her. Don't lope. Uske Ghar der ha andher nahi. Allah ki zaat se mango. Woh kabhi hamen mayoos na karega."
(Ask from Allah. He will never disappoint us)

Tapping him on the shoulder, the Imam stood up to his full height and asked

"What's your wife's name? I'll pray for her."

He passed a weak smile to the Imam and whispered her name.

"Safa."

The Imam left him and he stood up when his phone vibrated in his pocket. Pulling out the device, he opened a message. He pressed the play button on the video and his breath caught in his throat when he saw his wife tied to ropes in a corner of a dirty dark room. He heard devilish laughter before Pasha's disgusting voice came through the screen

"I have her, lover boy. Finally she's mine. Let me give you some advice. Don't come looking for her. I'm not sharing her again."

The video stopped after that. He barely paid any attention to that vile man's words and zoomed in on his wife. Her left side of the face was red and swollen. Her hair were messy in all directions and her skin was pale. Her condition daggered his heart and he dialed his best friend's number

"Hello." He heard his voice and he stated

"Safa's been kidnapped."

"Shit when did that happen? How? Oh Allah."

The panic was clear in his best friend's voice.

"Pasha has her." He mumbled into the phone while walking out of the Masjid.

"That little piece of shit. He deserves to die a million death. What will you do now?"

He heard his best friend ask. Subhan sighed and looked up in the sky when the condition of his wife replayed in his mind. Intense anger marred his form. All he was seeing was red. He dared touch his wife. Put his filthy hands on her and threatening him not to look for her. The man has crossed his limits. Now it's over. All his vile games and tricks come to end now. The world has seen Subhan Durrani's kindness. Now it'll see his Wrath.

"We're going to war, Altamash."
••••••••••••••

Asalamoaliukm everyone.
Here's an update after a long time. Sorry for keeping you waiting for so long. This is a short chapter. So bear with that.
Tell me your thoughts in the comments.
Until the next update, Allah Hafiz.