Yule Break

It was now Yule Break at Hogwarts, meaning most of the school would be empty due to many students going home for the break. Orion was not going to the Lovegoods this break due to one fact. Draco was staying at Hogwarts for the break. So Orion told Luna and promised her that he would owl his gifts to them on Christmas. Orion also wrote back to Lucius saying he won't be able to make it to his Yule Ball this year and also wrote to Theodore Nott Sr. apologizing for not being able to meet up with him, during the break. 

So now Orion stood there as Luna hugged him goodbye before she bored the train, to head home. Orion smiled and waved bye to her as she disappeared into the train. Next was Theo, his father had told him he needed to return for the Yule Break so despite him not wanting to leave he bid goodbye to the others, giving a hug to Orion before disappearing into the train, leaving Mattheo, Draco, Crabbe, Goyle, and Orion as the only Slytherins who stayed behind for Yule Break. 

The school was quiet much to Orion's delight, he enjoyed the peace of having the library all to himself, and he enjoyed the quiet Great Hall during breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The only thing that bothered him was Headmaster Dumbledore's calculating eyes watching him. Orion didn't know if Dumbledore thought he was being discrete with his "observing" or not, but Orion was starting to get quite tired of Dumbledore watching him. 

Dumbledore's watching got so intense that even Draco noticed and commented on it. 

Orion, why is Headmaster Dumbledore, staring at you? Draco asks looking between Dumbledore and Orion. 

I don't know, he's been doing that since Yule Break started. Orion said taking a sip of his drink. 

Any way. What did you get Theo for Christmas? Mattheo asks giving a glance toward Dumbledore. 

I got him some of his favorite candy and a new wand holder. Draco says 

I got him a copy of a book he wanted. Mattheo said causing Draco to look confused.

He reads? Draco asks looking at Orion for confirmation.

Yes, Draco. Theodore likes to read. And I'm giving him a drawing I made for him. And a special book on potions. Orion said opening his book to read. 

You made him a drawing. He must be very special. Mattheo says giving Orion a look.

I give Draco and Luna a drawing every year along with something else. Orion said confused by the look Mattheo was giving him. Anyway, I'm heading to the library. See you all later. Orion said heading to the library. 

In the library, Orion is reading his book, when he is interrupted by the "Golden Trio". 

Can I help you? Orion asks placing his bookmark on his page and looking up towards the trio. 

Umm. Do you think you can tell us the Slytherin password? Harry asked as he fiddled with his robe. 

And why would you need the Slytherin password? Orion asked looking at the suspicious Trio.

It's private. Hermione says quickly.

And what private thing must you do in my house's common room? Orion asked trying to get them to answer honestly. 

We want to prank the Slytherins. Ron said idiotly causing Hermione to whack him upside the head. 

You want to prank the Slytherins so you need their password. So you all decide to ask me, a Slytherin for help. Orion says very slowly causing them to wince in "pain" at how stupid everything sounded. 

That right? Harry asked

Ok, I know you two aren't the smartest in the slightest, but Hermione I thought you would be smarter than making up this stupid lie. Orion said leaning back in his chair.

Sorry, for wasting your time. Hermione said grabbing Ron and leaving, as Harry stayed put. 

Harry mate, are you coming? Ron asks to stop.

I will catch up with you soon. Is all Harry says before taking a seat in front of Orion? 

Something wrong Harry? Orion asked. 

Do you believe them? The rumors about me being the Heir of Slytherin. Harry asked looking at his hands refusing to meet Orion's eyes. 

No, I do not. Orion said looking at Harry as he Harry finally looked up smiling. 

We think Draco's the Heir of Slytherin. And I know he's you're cousin but. Harry says 

Draco is many things, but the Heir to Slytherin is not one of them. Orion said. But if you need proof for your self the password is Salazar. Don't do anything stupid. Orion said before getting up and leaving. 

~Christmas Day~

Draco had woken Orion up earlier than usual by jumping on his bed. Draco dragged Orion downstairs where Mattheo already sat to open presents for Yule. 

Orion, Mattheo, and Draco all sat in a circle taking turns opening the presents they got, from their friends, and families.

Draco got a new broom and quill from Narcissa and Lucius. He also got sweets, and books from Mattheo and Theo, while Orion got him a golden snitch and a new wand holder with silver accents.  

Mattheo got a new cauldron and sweets from Draco. Theo got him books, and a new beater bat. Orion also got him new gloves for Quidditch and a limited edition book on Quidditch.

For Orion, he got a new telescope from Narcissa. Draco and Mattheo got him a bunch of books. Luna and Xenophillus got him some new art supplies and a cute little sweater for Reggie. Theo got him a special quill engraved with the constellation Orion.

Later that day as Orion was walking to the common room with Reggie in his arms who was wearing the new sweater, he came across an unusual scene. There stood Crabbe and Goyle without Draco. When the two saw Orion they tensed up looking worried. 

Orion looks over them for a moment before leaving them to head to bed not bothering to find out what those two were up to. 

Orion woke up the next day to the news that Hermione was in the infirmary due to a potion. Orion spent the rest of the break reading his books and drawing different things. 

I kind of got lazy at the end sorry!

All rights go to J.K Rowlings I only own my plot and OC's

Please do not forget to leave any feedback, it means a lot.

Thank you.