The Sorting Hat

As the first-year students make their way into the castle they are greeted by an older woman in green robes. 

'Welcome to Hogwarts, I am Professor McGonagall. The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. Professor McGonagall said as she led the first years into the Great Hall. 

As Orion walks into the Great Hall, with Luna and Ginny next to him he could feel eyes on him. Looking towards the Slytherin table he sees Draco smiling at him. Orion waves a little at him before turning back to the front as the sorting begins. 

Some time had passed before Orion heard his name being called. 

Orion Black. Professor McGonagall called. Orion feels Luna squeeze his hand before he makes his way to the stoll. When he sits down they place the sorting hat on him. 

Ahh, another Black. Haven't had one of you in a while. Now let's see. Very intelligent I see, Ravenclaw would be a good fit, but there's something else, very cunning. Yes, that's it you belong in. SLYTHERIN. The hat called out. The Slytherin House broke out in cheer as Orion made his way towards the table. As he was walking to an open seat Draco grabbed his arm making him sit next to him since he kicked the person next to him out of the seat. Orion turns to look at Draco only to see, him with a huge smile on his face. 

I knew you to be in Slytherin, it's the best house. Draco says. 

Orion smiles at him before turning his attention back to the sorting ceremony waiting for Luna to be called. Luna Lovegood. After a couple of seconds, the hat calls out Ravenclaw for Luna. Orion clapped softly smiling at her when she looked towards him. Ginny was placed into Gryffindor like all her older brothers. Soon after that the sorting ceremony finished Dumbledore made a speech then the opening feast started. 

Orion and the rest of the Slytherin house started eating and chatting with eachother. Orion felt someone staring at him, when he looked up he saw Theodore Nott staring at him. When Theo sees Orion looking at him he smiles widely before going back to eating. 

When the opening feast was over the prefects led the students back to their house. Salazar the prefect says. That is the password to the common room, it will change every two months. The prefect explains as the passage opens to the common room. Boys on the left and girls on the right. Good night. The prefects say as they leave for their rooms. Draco walks towards Orion with Crabbe and Goyle on either side of him.

Well, dear cousin I will see you tomorrow at breakfast. Draco says as he quickly hugs Orion before leaving to go to sleep. 

Goodnight Draco. Orion says before turning around only to be met with a smiling Theodore Nott. Goodnight to you too, Nott. Orion says as he starts going to his room.

Good night Orion. Theo says before leaving as well. 

That night Orion unpacked his stuff and got his books ready for classes. He closed his bed curtain before going off to sleep with a small smile on his face. 

Sorry for the short chapter, but Orion has been sorted into the Slytherin House YAY

All rights go to J.K Rowlings I only own my plot and OC's

Please do not forget to leave any feedback, it means a lot.