Orion's 12th Birthday

Orion was woken up by his cousin Draco yelling Happy Birthday to him. Orion didn't really celebrate his birthday to him it was just another year that he had been alive. But to Draco and his close friends and "Family," it was a day worth celebrating and honoring. 

What time is it? Orion asked sleepily as Reggie lay on top of him.
It's 6 in the morning. Draco says a bright smile on his face as he shines his wand in Orion's face.
Why did you wake me up so early? Orion asks smacking Draco's wand away from his face while covering his eyes.
Shut up and leave. One of Orion's roommates said 
You shut up you toad, I'm speaking to my cousin. Draco snapped back. Now come on we have a surprise. Draco said picking Raggie off of Orion and Dragging him out of his room.  

Happy Birthday. Theo yelled when he saw Orion walking down the stairs. Mattheo was half asleep on the couch and Draco was bouncing with excitement as he led Orion down.

A large box wrapped in green paper was in the middle of the room. Theo was standing right next to it with a big smile on his face. 

Morning, why am I being woken up at 6 in the morning? Orion asked
I asked the same question. Mattheo said as he lay on the couch.

Well, it's you're birthday and we wanted to celebrate before classes. Theo said walking over to Orion and grabbing his hand. Theo drags Orion towards the large box.

What's in it? Orion asked looking at the box suspiciously. 
It's nothing bad we promise. Draco says walking over with Reggie in his arms. 

Orion opens the box to see a large crystal ball. Orion raises his brow looking at Draco who's smirking.
It's charmed. Draco says. I had Mom charm it. So whoever places their hand on the ball, the ball will show their most Cherished memories. Theo place your hand on the ball. Draco says 
Why do I have to be the one to do it? Theo asks 
Don't be a wuss and just do it. Draco says as Mattheo snores on the couch. 
I will do it. Orion says placing his hand on the ball to stop the two from fighting. 

Once Orion placed his hand on the ball, it glowed before showing a memory of Orion. The memory of when Orion and Draco had first met each other, and when Draco tried to teach Orion about Quidditch played. A small smile made its way to Orion's face as he watched the memories play out.

Thanks, I love the gift. Orion said turning toward Theo and Draco, then toward the sleeping Mattheo who lightly snored. But couldn't this have waited till I don't know when the sun is up?  Orion asked picking up Reggie from the floor. 
Nott over here was unable to hold on giving you the gift any longer waking us up. Draco says blaming everything on Theo.
You were equally excited with me. Theo countered 
Well, I'm heading back to bed, you both should bring Mattheo back to bed as well. Orion said carefully picking up the glass ball and heading upstairs with Reggie as Draco and Theo attempted to wake the sleeping Mattheo. 

It was breakfast time and Orion was sitting eating as students entered the Great Hall. Luna comes hopping in with a beautiful wrapped present in blue wrapping paper with stars drawn all over. Many stars as the "weird" Ravenclaw girl hops her way towards the Slytherin table humming the tune of Happy Birthday along the way. Luna stops right in front of Orion as Draco, Theo, and Mattheo stare. 

Happy Birthday!!! Luna says loudly but not screaming, showing Orion the wrapped gift in her hand. Orion just gives her a small smile taking the gift from her much to Luna's delight.