Chapter 8

Nithya's POV 

"You can go home early, if you are not feeling well" I said, looking at her pale face.

"No" abhignya denied. I have been persuading her for some time, but she refuses every time.

"Abhi, see your face is pale, your body is burning hot, listen to me okay" I again said, feeling her skin against the back of my palm.

"I Don't want to go home, if I go there I will feel even worse. I'll go to the sick room and inform sir about my absence" she said.

"Is there any problem at home, tell me. if I can, I will help you" I have been observing her since I joined this school. She is always against the idea of going home.

"I don't want to go, I have been staying in the hostel. I will be fine, you go to the ground" I know she is hiding something from me. 

I didn't pry more into the topic, she will tell me when she is more comfortable with me.

"Okay, I will take you to the sick room, don't object to this and leave after that" I said but my tone is more like an order.

"Okay then" she agreed, giving me a small smile.

I gave her a smile and took her to the sick room. After she took her medicine and slept. I started walking towards the ground.

"Hey" I heard somebody shouting. I turned to see two were sitting on the bench and the one who called me beckoning me to come there.

I started walking towards them.

Who is he?

Why is he calling me?

I stopped when I was in front of him. He suddenly snatched the water bottle from me. I didn't even remember I have the bottle in my hands.

How can he do that? He should have asked me properly. He just snatched the bottle from me. He doesn't even have any manners.

"Hey stop!" Three of them turned to look at me.

Each of them has different expressions. Do they know me? This is my first time seeing their faces. I don't think they know me.

I just ignored their reaction and said "You shouldn't take somebody's things without permission"

"Sorry for that, but we are thirsty. If we don't drink the water now, we have a feeling that we might die" He said lightly panting. I understand now. He at least has the common sense of apologizing to people after realizing his mistake.I shouldn't have judged him.

He started opening the cap of the water bottle. I stopped him again. "Hey, don't drink the water"

"Why? Didn't I apologize?" He said sitting on the bench.

"It is not that I don't want you to drink the water, but it is not good to drink while breathing hard" I said the reason. But the one beside him snatched the bottle and drank the water.

"Hey, don't.." I tried to stop him but he already opened the bottle and started drinking the water.

He started coughing when he drank some water. The boy beside him started rubbing his back. Why doesn't he listen to me? I stand there and look at him with pity. But I had a sudden urge to laugh seeing his face but it came as a chuckle. They heard me.

Great.

"Did you curse at me for choking on water while drinking for not heeding your words?" He said accusing me. 

How can he accuse me? When he is the one who didn't listen to me.

I became enraged listening to his words "Didn't  I say not to drink water while breathing hard. You didn't listen to me and now you are accusing me"

"Sorry, don't mind him. Okay, I apologize for his behavior" The one who called me said. 

"I don't drink water until you say give me" he said and kept the water bottle beside him.

"Now, we have some time right. We will talk about something" he started talking with me. I simply ignored them.

"What is your name?" He asked me. 

"After drinking the water, you can give me the bottle, I will wait here" I said ignoring his question.

He might have understood I am still upset "Adithya, apologize to her, she said not to drink the water, but you didn't heed her words and accused her. It is your mistake" He said to the one who accused me. His name is Adithya. Rude fellow.

He really apologized to me "I am sorry, i was angry and said those words to you, please forgive me"

It's good if he knows his mistake, he looks sincere while apologizing, so I forgave him

"It is really not good for health to drink water while breathing hard, that's why i said" I said calmly.

He had an amused expression when he said "fine. I will listen to you"

I nodded my head and introduced myself to them "I am Nithya"

"Nice name, I am Raghu" the one who called me introduced himself.

I smiled and looked at the one who was silent till now. Seeing that I am looking at him, he said "I am Sandeep"

"Ohh, nice to meet you all" I said, happy to meet new people and they are looking like good people. I have less friends here. Exactly to say only abhi is a good friend to me till now.

"Don't you want to know my name" Adithya asked me.

"I know your name" I said to him.

"How?" He asked shocked.

"Didn't he call you Adithya just now, that's how  I know" I said pointing towards Raghu.

"Ohh, I thought you were ignoring me, but you are listening to everything I said. Your acting is good, I almost believed you." Raghu said, raising his brows.

I smiled sheepishly and diverted the topic "which section are you from?"

"We are not only from different sections, we are different classes from you, we are from 9th-B"  Sandeep said.

I didn't say which section I am from, how do they know.

"How do you know we are from different classes? I didn't say which class I am from" I asked, doubting them.

Sandeep looked like he said something which he shouldn't have. Then I heard Adithya’s voice "We are in this school from childhood, we know who is from our class, so he said that"

"Yeah, that's how I analyzed it and said" Sandeep said immediately.

I still have doubts but I just listened to them as I nod my head "You can drink some water now"

They drank some water and now the bottle is empty. I again need to fill the bottle. Filling water is not a problem but waiting for the bottle to fill with the water which will come through the narrow gap of the tap.

A sigh escape from my mouth remembering this.

                            *****

Please vote⭐ if you like the story