Inner Monologue + world building (extra authors notes)

"..."

dark... It was dark, not a speck of light could escape the darkness...

Silent... No sound existed, not even the sound of silence itself...

Scent... It reeks of nothingness...

Sigh

Where is this place even?

My mind raced for an answer. It was difficult to describe the situation. It was different from when I first died. This was pure nothingness

"Oh, that's right..."

I was too slow...

Then, am I dead?

This wasn't like my first time dying though, This just somehow felt different. Then maybe I'm just unconscious? It could be. I was left here in the abyss of my own mind, trapped in my own thoughts.

It was a good fight... still wished I could have won...

The feeling of fighting a better opponent, being overwhelmed by sheer power, pressured by a gaze that had seen countless battle and killed thousands of monsters, it still felt so surreal. A fight straight from fiction. who would have though that me, a meek 15 year old, would get to experience something like this. Something out of this world, impossible in my old one.

It was fun? the feeling of the adrenaline pumping, the need to process and analyse a situation creating a plan, deceiving opponents and striking back and reacting on pure instinct alone, it was a blast.

not only are the fights fun but also being able to meet caring people like Will, Mei, Efil, and also The guild master, was fun. It finally felt like I had people who cared for me, who wanted to get to know me better. this was a feeling that I never though I would ever feel. Other than my parents, No one cared for me...

but is it fine for me to enjoy these things? is it fine that I feel more fulfilment in this world than I ever did my old one? I might just be over thinking things and fully understand that, but I still can't get this feeling out of my mind.

How did my parents feel when they heard I die? How would they act? Heck even I want to cry right now. Just thinking about it is sad. They were the ones I loved the most after all, the only one who understood and cared for me...

---------

"Kureha? Did you not sleep?" he asked me.

"Hmm?"

"Jeez, the teacher will get mad at you again"

"I'll just sleep over it"

"again, That's not how it works" he places his hands on his nose, closed his eyes and shook his head. A small grin on his face.

---------

actually now that I think of it there has always been Hiko, The annoyingly Cliché class rep. The so called "golden boy" of the school. I knew that he probably had a crush on me but I never knew why. I was a loner after all, not to mention an otaku who is part of the stay at home club...

But now that I understood how it felt to be cared for, I can't help but wonder...

How is he doing right now?

---------

In the kingdom of Yamir, young teenagers could be seen training in the outdoor training area. there were 29 students in light combat gear, some holding swords, axes, daggers, bows, gauntlets and other miscellaneous weapons. some were practising their magic chantings as they blasted wooden targets at range.