Finnaly, I'm an adventurer! I think? (Part 1)

My eyes slowly opened. The air was cold to the touch. I looked around and Kureha wasn't on the bed. I leaned out of the bed and looked all over the room but there was no one. The lamp on top of the desk still glowed and a sack of coins laid beneath it. I scanned the room once more. The glass sliding door opened wide. I stood up and walked towards it. Once I got closer, I saw Kureha leaning against the railings. Her ears was droopy and her tail still. I walked out into the balcony and leaned on the railing next to her.

"What's wrong?"

"Oh Mei, its just you. Did I wake you up?"

"Yeah I guess you could say that" I pointed towards the open balcony door "it was getting pretty cold."

"Sorry, I forgot to close it."

"No worries. Anyways, what are you doing out here this late?"

"Just doing some star gazing"

"May I join?"

"Sure" she turned her gaze back upon the sky and I did the same.

"Wow, it looks pretty!" I said

"Yeah, calming too. We live under a beautiful sight like this and yet most of us never stopped to appreciate it."

"Yeah. Do you this often?"

"Once in a while maybe"

"Oh. Aren't you cold?"

She sighs, her breath visible from the frigid midnight air. "Its getting quite late, let's head back in" she said

"Ok" I replied

She sounded like she was sad about something. Her facial features looked like she was trying to hide it. Her ears and tail were both droopy but I couldn't think about a reason for why she might be sad.

"Anything wrong?"

"Hmm? No no, its nothing..." her mouth moved but I couldn't hear what she said.

"Are you sure?"

She took a deep breath "yeah. let's get back in, I'm dying for some sleep."

She went back into the room and I followed in her steps. I turned around and closed the glass door. She sat down on the bed and looked downwards. "What was she thinking?" I asked myself.

I walked towards the right side of the bed and sat on it myself.

"I'm sorry" she suddenly said.

"Huh?"

"I can't say it here. Not now at least. I'm not ready."

"Its alright, I mean, you did just met me today so its understandable."

"Thanks for understanding"

"No problems, if you need to talk to someone, I'm here. Even though I younger than you"

That made her giggle little. "Thanks, I'm getting pretty sleeply, good night ok?"

"Good night"

She tucked her self in and closed her eyes. I did the same.

I will definitely earn her trust, I will be someone she can depend on when she needs to. After all...

I look over towards her, she was already sound asleep.

She is my hero

The next day

Kureha's pov

it was the next day, the morning sun shone brightly as me and Mei walked the streets of the capital city of the kingdom of Milanos. Actually now that i think about it, i still didn't know the name of this city...

meow isekai story!?! why did i choose to be a cat girl?!?On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara