Prolouge: then most generic isekai origin story!

Chitter chatter surrounded the bustling classroom, the students were talking and chatting to their closely knitted friend groups.

Hmm? What about me? Oh, I just so happen to be a loner. I don't really care what the others thinks about me or what they do.

I looked out through the window, the bright sun shining throughout the school's courtyard.

"Hhhaaaaaaa, i'm too sleepy" I whispered to myself. I guess pulling an all nighter just to grind the new genshin update was a little bit too much even for a otaku such as me.

I turned my gaze downwards and layed my forehead down on my desk. My messy long black hair flowed downwards pulled by gravity

Suddenly something vibrated my desk. I looked up and it was the class rep akihiko, tapping my desk.

"Kureha? Did you not sleep?" he asked me.

"Hmm?"

"Jeez, the teacher will get mad at you again"

"I'll just sleep over it"

"again, That's not how it works" he places his hands on his nose, closed his eyes and shaked his head

"Why is Hiko talking to her?"

"You didn't know? I'm pretty sure hiko has a crush on her"

"Heh? Really? But isnt she like, uncool?"

"Yeah totally, they aren't a match"

The people around us started gossiping. Little do they know, I have keen senses and could hear them. I can't say the same with hiko though.

Hiko was your normal class rep that you would see in anime, which kind of makes me think that I'm living in a book. He is good looking and very charismatic and most of the girls are all secretly in love with him. I know this since I just eavesdrop here and there. Even though I'm a loner, drama is still fun you know?

He is the kid of a super wealthy family so don't know why he goes to school here then. he is well practised in mixed martial arts too, ahhh its is so cliche it's kind of relaxing.

"Listen up kureha, as your class rep, i want the best for this class" or so he said, i kind of fell asleep halfway through and forgot most of the things he said.

"Uhuh" i mindlessly nodded as my mind drifted away

"Hey hiko, what that glowing circle under your feet!" a random student shouted

"can you guys be a little bit quiet" i thought to myself

"Huh? What the-"

My head slowly fell down and reached the desk. Even the hard desk can feel like a pillow when you're this sleepy.

"ahh finally, quiet"

Before long, I woke up. Everyone was gone and the teacher wasn't here. I looked at the clock and saw that it was already time to leave school. I can't believe they would just let a student sleep through school like that, they didn't even wake me up for recesses? I'm so grateful!

I packed up my bags and exited the school smiling, everything was eerily quiet but who cares about school, i can finally play more games!

I excitedly walked out from the school gates and started walking home. Walking pass cafes and taking a small detour to the bookstore. If I remember correctly, there should be a new volume released for a tale of a new world.

Found it!

Finally i will be able to find out what happens, that bastard of a writer loved to end in cliffhangers.

I take the book to the cashier and pay for it. I exited the store with the book in hand, I could not wait to read it! I placed the book in my bag and continued to walk home.

While walking home, I saw a family of three. The little kid looked like me way back when. They were smiling and looked happy.

My parents don't really care about my school life and let me do mostly anything I wanted to do. I will admit that I was spoiled when growing up, my family was pretty well off and that allowed me to get most of the things I wanted, I never was a needy kid though. My father worked for most of the week, only having one day off of work to spend time with us. I love my parents and they loved me back.

Why am I suddenly thinking about this? Oh right, that kid reminds me of my childhood. Her family and I both stopped by the crossroads and waited for the light to turn green. Her parents were happily talking with one another while the little girl seemed to be preoccupied by something.

The light turned green.

Her parents walked and called out the little girl's name, if i heard it correctly it was yui?

The girl quickly ran up to try to catch up with her parents, I looked at her with a soft smile. When for some reason i felt panicked. My body was filled with goosebumps and my feeling screamed at me to look to the right. There i saw a truck barreling towards the crossroads with no stopping in sight

bang!

Blood splattered across the city street. The truck swerved and hit a pole.

I suddenly felt I was rolling down the street? A loud constant ringing filled my ears. I tried to move my arms and legs but both aren't responding in the way they should. With all my energy I twisted my head to the right and saw the little girl crying with her parents picking her up and running towards me.

"Oh my god!" They shouted

"I'm calling an ambulance!" the father quickly pulled out his phone. His hands were physically shaking.

His wife closed they eyes of her kid and leaned closer to me

My eyesight was worsening every second. I was still confused and was probably not thinking straight. My guess is that I jumped in front of the truck to push the little girl out of danger, but why didn't I remember doing so? Did my body react by itself?

The voices of the parents are slowly fading away, so to does my strength,

"Please don't die! You saved our kid, I'm so sorry..." phrases came out of her mouth like she didn't know what to say and i don't blame her.

I raised my arm upwards as a warm sensation flowed down my arms, I slowly reached up towards the sky and grasped my palms. This was taking too much energy. I'm trying so hard not to be overwhelmed by this unknown feeling.

"I'm glad that i could save h..." nothing more came out of my mouth, this heavy feeling overwhelms my body, but it was not painful. I closed my eyes for the very last time.

"I'm sorry mom, dad. at the end I could not even say good..."