HOLLY AND THE FAUX MAN - A BRIEF INTRO . . .

Hello fellow Wattpadders!

Consider this a place-holder and an introduction for a little Christmas project I'm working on. After the final chapters of The Reluctant Roadtripper are out tomorrow (Have you read that yet? You should!), I'll be concentrating on this wee novella for the next couple of weeks.

So, what can I tell you about this one?

1. I actually started writing this last November with the intention of posting it last Christmas. I gave up after 1 and a half chapters and decided to work on Ryan's re-telling of my book No Reservations instead. Which I have no regrets about because it was pretty well-received. 🤷‍♀️

2. Despite starting this story last year and constantly having it in the back of my mind, I still don't really have a plan for it and will be "pantsing" as always.

3. I have now written 3 and a half chapters of it, so I'm progressing well, as you can guess. *rolls eyes then spirals rapidly into panic*

4. I'm writing in third person point of view, and incorporating a bit of magic in with my usual romcomedy (since it's Christmas and all) so I'm definitely outside my comfort zone.

5. The story is loosely inspired by The Snowman. If the Snowman was a hot guy, that is. (I mean, he's got a cute, smiley face and all, but would you really go there???)

6. The heroine, Holly, is not a Christmas fan.

7. We may have a wee element of enemies-to-lovers, if you're into that kinda thing.

8. The cover is adorable and LNRoberts1 created it for me. 😘

9. I'm not planning for it to be a particularly long read because I have approximately 5000 Christmas films on my to-watch list and I haven't done any of my Christmas shopping yet, so I'm up against the clock here. I'm aiming for 10-12 chapters maybe? We'll see.

Anyway, I hope you'll add it to your reading lists (festive or otherwise) and we'll see if I can come up with anything fun . . . now that I've put myself under the pressure of posting about it! Who's all in???

Chapter 1 will be out December 1st. Because I refuse to do anything Christmassy until December - I'm a puritan like that.

Enjoy the rest of November - festive madness is almost upon us!!!