5 - Crimson Currency.

Comenzar desde el principio

"He's gone, took off with Sarah last night," he answered through another yawn.

"Did he say where to?" I demanded, my patience running thin.

Nathan let out a heavy sigh and dropped back down onto the couch.

"Dig deeper!" I snapped, frustration lacing my voice.

With a great deal of effort, he began rubbing at his temples, wracking his brain. "Right, right, Sarah's... yes, her old apartment!"

Satisfied with the information, I rushed out of the apartment and darted to the car.

As we pulled up to Sarah's old apartment, I was caught off guard by the sea of police cars littered outside. Officers swarmed the street, joined by a forensics team who had sealed off the area with crime scene tape. My heart dropped with the fear that something might have happened to Daniel. Without any hesitation, Zane and I leapt out of the car and barged inside, shoving past the officers that blocked our way.

"Hold on, sir! This is a crime scene. You can't go inside," A female cop stopped me, blocking my way further inside.

"I need to know what happened! Who is it?" I pleaded, my voice brimming with urgency.

Evidently, she could see how important this was to me. "Sir?" she called out for one of the detectives that were on the scene. "I think this man could have information on the case." Then she addressed me, "Detective Hansley, he's the lead detective, he can help you."

Detective Hansley, was a tall man with a broad build, and he had an air of authority about him. He was the type of man that commanded respect. "What can I do for you?" He asked, looking me up and down.

"I'm here for Daniel Pierce," I blurted out. "What happened here? Is he okay?"

When it came to my family, I was weak, I was very weak.

Detective Hansley nodded and motioned for me to follow him into the apartment. Sarah's body was laid out on the kitchen floor, covered by a body bag. She was ghostly pale and lifeless. Not far from her was Daniel, kneeling with his hands soaked in blood, looking as high as a kite. It looked bad..really bad.

Could he have killed Sarah?

With Daniel being the only person at the crime scene, he instantly became the prime suspect. And in Daniel's case, his bloody hands were more than enough evidence to incriminate him. Even I couldn't tell if he was innocent.

Two police officers came forward. They slapped cuffs on him, hoisting him to his feet before guiding him to their car. "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have a right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you." They then drove him away.

I quickly whipped my phone out, urgently dialing Theodore. "Theo," I began as calmly as I could muster. "You need to meet me at the police station."

──●◎●──

"Hector!" I heard my name shouted as I entered the police station. "What's going on?"

"The cops areested Daniel," I replied.

"What!? Daniel?" he thundered, disbelief heavy in his voice. "What's his charge?"

I swallowed hard, dreading his reaction when he heard the answer. "They found him at Sarah's, next to her... dead body."

"No way! This is a nightmare! There's got to be a misunderstanding somewhere!" In a fit of rage and desperation, Theo rapidly dialled his lawyers, trying to straighten out this mess.