( what do you mean?)

" Secret. "

" Niche ayo chupchaap, don't be missing in your own house "

( come down)

Without giving him the answer,she asked, " Kya tum shaam ko mere room aa skte ho? "

( can you come to my room in this evening?)

Shrey thinned his brows and asked, " Why? "

" Secret. Just come , okay bye don't disturb me " With that she cut the call.

Everyone started doing lunch then. Only the wives who were keeping fasts, weren't eating. But all sudden, shrey didn't want to eat anymore. He didn't know if she has eaten or not. He couldn't eat. He was about to go to the guest room but someone called him from behind, " Shrey, come and eat "

He looked there blankly. He couldn't even understand how to say no. " Come " Again he was called. He sighed and went there.

He felt the urge to ask about Arini to someone. But will it be okay? Taking small steps to his sister, Shrey asked, "wouh.. Didi.. Hum sab khaenge.... Arini? "

( wuhh.. Sister, all of us will eat... Arini?)

" Uska khana room mein vej denge. " He heard her and sighed in relief. Atleast she is not starving.

( we will send her food to her room)

He took a seat beside his jiju then.

Just as Shrey touched the rice, his phone rang. It was Arini. If she needed to talk, she could have come here. Aren't we under the same roof? He thought. Shrey decided to receive the call at first and then to eat. But just as he touched the phone to his ear, a loud voice came.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaa I can't"

" What.. What just happened? Do you want me to be deaf? " Shrey managed to say.

Arini pouted from the other side of phone. Rubbing her empty stomach which was asking for food now, she blabbered,
" Bhook lag rhi hain kya karu? 🥺"

( I'm hungry, what to do?)

Shrey sighed and looked everywhere for her. She wasn't here. " Upar beithke chillane se bhook nhi jayegi, khana khayo. Didn't aunty send you your lunch? "

( your hunger won't die if you keep on shouting upstairs. Eat.)

Her pout became wider. " She did " Looking at those tasty dishes, she murmured sadly

" Then eat. "

" I can't.."

" Why? "

"Secr--"

" Shut up and tell me fast "

" I kept fast..... for you. "

"Tum.... Kya? " ( you...what?) Shrey felt hardness in his chest hearing her words. He couldn't believe it. Looking at the table, all foods, he asked her again, " You won't eat? Anything? "

" Nhi naa...vrat hota hai "

( no.. It's fast)

Shrey pushed his plate. The hardness became harder now. He felt goosebumps all over his skin. He felt like all his emotions are playing games inside of his heart now. Someone kept fast for him, only for him. He felt being so special. Now he couldn't eat anymore. Pushing the plates he stood up.

" Where are you going Shrey? " Just as he stood up, Jai (his jiju/ Arini's brother) questioned him.

" Ahh jiju... My stomach is hurting little.. I'll eat later. " With that he left. He ran to the upstairs, lead his feet to Arini's room. The room was locked, he knocked there multiple times.