chapter 18: a fucked up reunion

Start from the beginning

Athena's gaze shifted, her eyes widening as she noticed the presence of Ophis and Ddraig. A hint of fear flickered across her expression, and she instinctively bowed before them, showing her utmost respect.

Ddraig chuckled, exchanging a nonchalant glance with Ophis.

Ddraig:No need for the formalities, Athena. We're all family here.

Ophis nodded in agreement, her demeanor surprisingly relaxed.

Ophis:Issei sees you as his little sister, so consider us family as well." She waved off Athena's concern, as if dismissing the need for any reverence.

Athena, still in a respectful bow, hesitated before straightening up.

Athena:I appreciate your understanding. It's just, in the realm of gods, hierarchy is ingrained.

Ddraig grinned

Ddraig:Well, lucky for you, Issei doesn't care much for divine hierarchy. He's more about treating everyone like equals.

I nodded in agreement,

Issei:yeah, Athena, relax. No need for all the formalities. Ophis and Ddraig are practically family too.

Athena's demeanor eased, and a small smile graced her lips.

Athena:thank you, Issei. It's heartening to see such niceness

Ddraig nudged Ophis playfully,

Ddraig:Guess we're officially part of the family now, huh?

Ophis rolled her eyes, but a subtle smirk played on her lips.

Ophis:I suppose so. Family dynamics are amusing.

As we all shared a light-hearted moment, the room seemed to be filled with a sense of unity. Athena, having set aside her initial apprehension, joined in the banter.

Athena:I must admit, Issei, your chosen family is quite unconventional, but the bond is undeniable.

I laughed,

Me:Yeah, it's a bit chaotic, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Family is family, divine or not.

And so, in the presence of gods and dragons, a unique bond formed – one that transcended celestial realms and embraced the essence of camaraderie among beings from different worlds.

I felt my phone vibrate, indicating an incoming call from Azazel. Curiosity and a hint of concern crept in as I answered.

Me:Hey, Azazel. What's up?

Azazel's voice came through, a mix of seriousness and something else I couldn't quite place.

Azazel:Issei, your parents are in town. They want to meet you, and they're at the ORC.

A frown creased my forehead. My parents weren't exactly involved in  my life I did remember me leaving their house and plus they're not my real parents

Me:they want to meet me at the ORC? That's... unusual.

Azazel chuckled,

Azazel:Well, they seem to be eager. I think they've got something important to discuss.

I sighed, glancing back at Ophis, Ddraig, and Athena.

Me:Guess I should head over there then. Thanks for letting me know, Azazel.

I excused myself from the trio, promising to catch up with them later. As I made my way to the ORC, thoughts swirled in my mind. What could be so important that my parents wanted to meet at the Occult Research Club?