chapter 18: a fucked up reunion

Issei's POV

I leaned back in my chair, savoring the meal Ophis had prepared.

Issei:Life's surprisingly calm lately, Ddraig. No crazy plots, no impending doom. It's almost... mundane.

Ddraig chuckled,

Ddraig:Well, Issei, not every day can be a battle for the fate of the world. Sometimes, it's nice to just enjoy a peaceful evening with loved ones.

She smiled as she too ate turns out ophis has been

I nodded, glancing at Ophis, who was engrossed in her own meal.

Me:Speaking of loved ones, who would've thought I'd end up dating the Ouroboros herself? Life's full of surprises.

I embraced her from behind

Ddraig grinned

Ddraig:Ah, Kyoto, where you unleashed the Boosted Gear's power like never before against the hero faction Those were the days when every battle was a struggle, and we didn't know if we'd make it out alive.

I wonder what they are up to know

As I reminisced

A mystical circle materialized, revealing a stunning girl with light brown hair adorned in divine attire – it was Athena. Her smile radiated warmth as she held a scabbard in her hands.

Athena:Bow before you, brother

Athena greeted, her voice carrying a regal tone.

Athena:Your valor in thwarting Hera, Poseidon, and Hades from seizing Olympus is renowned among the gods. I come bearing gratitude and a gift.

I nodded, acknowledging her words.

Athena:Big brother, your heroics have saved our divine realm

she continued, a genuine sense of appreciation in her eyes.

Athena gracefully lowered herself in a bow before continuing,

Athena:As a token of Olympus's gratitude, Hephaestus himself forged this divine sword. It's a symbol of our appreciation for your bravery and dedication.

She presented the scabbard to me, and as I unsheathed the sword, its divine radiance illuminated the room. "This sword," Athena explained

Athena:is imbued with the essence of Olympus, a weapon of unparalleled strength crafted by the hands of the gods.

I marveled at the intricate craftsmanship, my mind flashing back to the moment Ascalon met its end when I unleashed my Draconic Nexus form. A bittersweet feeling overcame me.

Athena's eyes gleamed as she observed my reaction.

Athena:Fear not, big brother. This sword, named Aegisblade, is not a replacement but a new chapter. Hephaestus poured his craftsmanship into it, ensuring its power rivals that of any celestial weapon.

I thanked her, genuinely moved by the gesture.

Me:It's an honor to receive such a gift from Olympus

I expressed, tightening my grip on Aegisblade.

Athena smiled

Athena:May this blade serve you well, big brother. Let it be a reminder of the bond between mortal and divine, forged through valor and sacrifice.

As our conversation continued, Athena shared tales of Olympus, weaving a narrative that transcended time and realms. The divine sword, now in my possession, symbolized not only victory but the enduring connection between humanity and the gods.