Chapter six

Chulan went to guardians inn upset because he could not capture the demon alive.

This was the mission that the head guardian gave to him and he messed it up.

"What happened to that demon?I have never witnessed such a thing before. Was the demon abnormal? And that girl is abnormal how can she talk to me like that? Even her father dared to fight me. Don't they know that I am the prince?" Chulan said.

Someone knocked at the door and said

"your highness the buns seller is here"

Chulan sighed trying to calm himself. ' this buns seller is clearly getting on my nerves' Chulan said inwardly.

"Let him in" he voiced.

"Yes your highness" the guard replied.

The young prince sat on a stool and was rubbing his forehead. When the buns seller came in.

The young prince looked at the man that just came in as the smell of fresh steamed buns was all over the room. It filled his nostrils, he gulped and returned to his normal self.

"Why are you late " Chulan asked.

Hearing this the young man started shivering because he knew what would happen if he spoke wrongly.

"Your highness let let me...explain why I did not bring the buns on time" Ning stuttered.

He knew that the prince was not a patient man and he could not afford to make a mistake in his choice of words if not it will not end well with him.

Chulan was trying his best to control his anger. If not he would have pounced on the man.

Clearly no one would have thought that of all the people it was a prince that was getting angry because of just buns. But this prince here was an exception.

"Explain"

"Your your highness I was about to bring the delivery but something happened" Ning looked at the prince in front of him.

The prince in front of him looked undisturbed while lazily drinking his tea.

"I met some teenagers my Lord they stole from me and I could not catch them. So I had to make a new batch" Ning said. He knew that what he said might not be enough to save him from this cold prince but that was the only excuse he could give.

"You mean teenagers stole from you" Chulan scoffed and glared at the seller for using a poor excuse.

"My Lord I am telling you the truth. I was tricked by a girl" Ning regretted what he said because he saw the prince tightened his grip on the cup.

He knew if he did not take it easy he could become the cup.

"A girl tricked you into giving her free buns am I right" Chulan asked.

"My my Lord it is not what you think"

"Then what Wei Ning tell me"

Hearing the prince call his full name meant that the prince would not let this slide.

A voice from outside called. "Your highness the head guardian is here and he asked me to call you".

"Tell him I will be right there"

"Yes your highness" the guard left.

"Wei Ning I don't know what made you to deliver this buns late but I will not let it go next time" Chulan said.

"You can help yourself with some tea and you should breathe I don't want to carry your dead body. I will leave you now" Chulan said as he walked out of the room.

It was then that Ning discovered that he held his breath. He let himself breathe when Chulan reminded him.

'how can a handsome prince like him be so cold. He was about to kill me just because of buns cold hearted prince' Ning cursed inwardly and looked around to check if anyone heard his thoughts. 'Anything was possible here'While he wanted to take a cup of tea to relax himself but changed his mind. He was not ready to meet the prince angers again. He sighed.

****

At the guardian inn, meeting room

"Chulan are you telling me that you failed to get the demon?" the head guardian asked.

In the room the head guardian, the king and the guardians adviser sat on the high table with Chulan in their midst.

"Head guardian I did not fail entirely. I was about catching the demon when it suddenly turned to ashes. I came here so I can also ask you if you understand the reason for it's change" Chulan looked at the head guardian for answers.

"It turned to ashes" the head guardian inquired.

"Yes" was Chulan short reply while he glanced at his father the king and he saw the king glare at him clearly not pleased with his son.

"I have never heard of such a thing. Head guardian I think the boy was just imagining it. There is no way a demon would turn into ashes unless the prince was able to burn him with strong grey flames" the guardians adviser confirmed.

Chulan slightly raised his eyebrows.

"The demon was not in flames. So I am very sure that it was not caused by flames" Chulan reminded. He was clearly annoyed at what the adviser said but did not show it.

The adviser was not happy with what the young prince said.

"Then your highness can you tell us what happened?. How did the demon burn?. Or you are saying it just mysteriously turned into to ashes" the guardians adviser asked tapping his fingers on the table.

"Yes" Chulan answered.

"Then explain to us because we don't understand" the guardians adviser said.

"Chulan do not lie. You have embarrassed me enough. Just admit it you lost the demon" the king said also trying to control his fury but it was written all over his face that he was furious.

Chulan was already used to his behavior so it didn't bother him. His father never trusted him so he was not surprised. He ignored the both of them and looked at the head guardian.

"Head guardian I am telling the truth believe me. I had a spar with the demon before it suddenly ran off. I ran after him only to see a..." Chulan was explaining but stopped.

"What did you see?" The head guardian asked.

Chulan wanted to say he saw a girl there but stopped. He did not want to put her in trouble and she was innocent. She just happened to be at the wrong place and at the wrong time. He knew if he mentioned her the guardians won't let her go because she was a suspect. Even though she was innocent.

"I saw the demon turning into ashes but no flames was around it" Chulan continued.

The guardians adviser raised his eyebrow clearly not believing a word the prince said. When he wanted to protest the head guardian raised his hand to keep quiet.

"Chulan we will look into what you said. I trust you and I know he would not make this up. Da fu put this down. When we reach the guardians head quarter we will look into this for now Chulan I suggest you go and rest. You did well to not let that monster go. I am proud of you. Now you may go" the head guardian said and guardians adviser tightened his lips.

"I will take my leave now" Chulan bowed and left while his father glared at him.

🌟Please do not forget to vote and comment🌟(•‿•)