Chapter three

"Who are you and what happened here" he asked and she looked at him.

Who does this man think he is?. How could he ask me that with a sword near my neck? She asked herself inwardly.

"Speak who are you?. How did he turn to ashes?. Answer me" he asked. This time he brought the sword closer to her neck.

"Please sir I didn't do anything. I just saw that thing turn to ashes. I didn't do anything. I swear" she said hastily.

He raised his eyebrow at her.

"Believe me sir. I promise I did not do anything" she added when she saw disbelief in his eyes.

He tightened his grip on the sword." What are you doing in this forest".

"How can I speak with a sword on my neck" she asked. She thought of fighting him. But how could she do that when she was not skilled and clearly looking at this man here. He looked like a very skilled swordsman and didn't look like someone she could shake off easily.

When she thought it was all over for her. God finally heard her prayers because her father came and he was with his kill in his hand.

"Daughter see my own kill... " Ayuan said happily but paused when he saw a tall fine man holding a sword at his daughter's neck. He dropped the animal he killed.

"Please kind sir. Please my daughter did not do anything. We just came here to hunt. You can see our kill there. She is innocent" Ayuan pleaded.

Ayuan noticed that this man was not ordinary judging by the way he held his sword he knew that the young man was a high ranked mage.

The young man looked at her father from head to toes like what he said was meaningless.

"And who are you?" he asked.

"I am Ayuan her father. I was the one that brought her here" Ayuan explained.

"Then how do you explain this" he pointed at the ashes on the ground. " Because I was chasing that demon and when I finally saw it. It was already turning into ashes" he added.

"Well sir I don't know but my daughter is innocent" Ayuan answered.

"Then she is coming with me" the young man said.

"Please sir you can't take her because she is innocent." Ayuan said firmly.

He said to himself even if this young man here is a high level mage. That doesn't mean he would speak to him in that manner after all he was much older than him. For his daughter he would fight anyone who dares to bully or take the rights of his children. Even if it is the whole world he doesn't mind going up against them.

Both men glared at each other. Quingkui sensing that if she does not do anything now there would be trouble and her father would be the one that gets hurt.

"Father it's okay. I will be fine. I will go with him and prove my innocence. Just go home" Quingkui said.

"Shut up child. You should know when to speak and when not to" Ayuan scolded.

"But father..."

"I said shut up" he scolded. The young man found it amusing that he thought this was a drama he was watching. But he was on a mission that needs no delay.

"I am not here to watch this drama of yours. So old man get out of my way" the young man warned.

"Do I look like an old man to you and my daughter must follow me home" he said firmly.

"Then I must show you what I can do when people get in my way" he warned.

Oh no how am I going to save my father from this psycho. My father is no match for him. Quingkui said inwardly.

Immediately a young man wearing white jumped down from a nearby tree.

"Chulan" he called.

"What's wrong Hou ming don't disturb me. I am busy" the young man said still glaring at Ayuan.

"Alright your highness, I am sorry but I couldn't help getting involved. I can clearly see what you're busy with" the other young man said.

'so he is the prince. What kind of trouble did we get ourselves into' Quingkui cried inwardly.

'so he is of royal blood but that doesn't mean he would be disrespectful to his elders' Ayuan said inwardly.

"What do you mean" Chulan asked this time he gaze was fixed on the other young man named Hou ming.

"Your highness, hey don't give me that look. don't get angry but the girl is innocent. Look her energy level is low how could she possibly kill that demon. Don't you think it should have been the other way round" the other young man said raising his eyebrow.

Chulan saw sense in what his friend said and lowered his sword. ' he is right her energy level is low. There was no way she could have killed the demon'.

"You can go" Chulan said coldly and flew away.

"Sorry sir, miss. That is just how he is please don't take it to heart" Hou ming apologized.

"Take it to heart? It has already been taken to heart. He is the one that should apologize and not you. Look at how he pointed a sword at my daughter and you tell me not to take it to heart. It is already there" Ayuan pouted.

Hou ming laughed. Even Quingkui smiled at her father's childishness.

"Okay sir if it has already entered your heart please tell it to get out this instance" Hou laughed.

Both Quingkui and her father laughed.

"Alright because you asked. But to think he is the prince. He should have apologized because he would have hurt my daughter and if she was hurt I don't think I would forgive myself because it was I that brought her here" Ayuan said solemnly.

"I am very sorry sir. He was sorry for what he did but he didn't know how to say it. That's why he let you go" Hou apologized.

He turned to Quingkui "Miss I am sorry for what he did. Let me introduce myself. I am Hou ming and I..."

"I know who you are. You are one the great five starlight of Yuxia the great city. It is an honor to meet you. I am Quingkui and this is my father Ayuan" Quingkui introduced.

Hou ming was impressed because she knew him. He knows that he is famous but he was glad a girl as cute as her knew him.

"Look you are hurt. We need to take you to the guardian medic. You are lucky the demons claws didn't go deep if not you would have been poisoned" Hou ming said with concern.

"No thank you. I can treat her at home sir. You don't need to worry" Ayuan assured him.

He finally let them go but on one condition and that is when she gets better she would come and see him in the Guardians inn.

"Take this Quingkui. If you show this to the gatekeeper he would show you where I stay" Hou ming said giving her a card.

"Thank you" Quingkui and her father chorused.

⭐ Please vote and comment. Thank you ⭐