Chapter 7. Tour

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Well, we should probably go. The train for Ninjago City is leaving in an hour," Wu announced. "Do you have everything now?"

"Everything what?" Kai questioned. "The clothes you gave us are pretty much our only possessions."

"Right." The master nodded. "Well, follow me then."

Lloyd intended to obey the order, but it became unbearably difficult once they'd stepped out into the busy streets. The boy's eyes widened at all the two-story houses, small markets and other places he'd never seen before. There was an inn and right next to it was a house with lots of tables and a ton of food. It must've been a restaurant, the thing Nya had once told him about.

Lloyd's head whipped from right to left constantly as he tried to see everything around him at once and ensure he remembered the view perfectly. But there was so much to see and the others were walking unnecessarily fast.

The little blond clenched his teeth as his brain tried to put in order the chaos reigning inside of it. There were so many things he would have wanted to take a closer look at, so many places to explore-

And his eyes landed on a library. As in, a house with more books than he had ever seen.

Now, Lloyd was sure his uncle and siblings wouldn't mind if he went to look around a little. He wasn't going to be gone for long and would be back in time for the train. After all, it was leaving in an hour, and an hour was a long time.

🌕•🌕•🌕

Wu was lost deep in his own thoughts as he, Kai, Nya and Lloyd were heading towards the train station. He was very glad the siblings had recovered well and that he would finally get to bring his nephew home to his birth family, but he was also worried. Worried about a lot of things.

It was an understatement to say that Lloyd and his foster siblings had been treated cruelly. They were clearly very traumatized by their past life, especially Lloyd, who had yet to let out a single squeak. They were all trying to act normal and polite, but their minds' broken state shone through all the same.

And to add more stress, Wu's mind was plagued by the knowledge that he still hadn't told them about the other reasons he was bringing them to the monastery. He had yet to reveal to Kai and Nya that he had known their parents and that they possibly possessed elemental powers. He was even more convinced about it now that he'd heard about some peculiar incidents from the Smith siblings themselves: trees catching fire and rain drops stopping a tree from falling.

And of course there was also Lloyd. Lloyd was to discover he was the grandson of the First Spinjitzu Master and the son of Garmadon and Misako. Wu would have to be very careful when telling him those things one day. The last thing he wanted was for Lloyd to think his parents had not wanted him or that he had done something wrong. He seemed very prone to thinking that his mere breathing or moving angered people.

"How far is the train station?" Kai asked from behind, sounding a little tired.

"Kai, suck it up," Nya ordered briskly. "You used to walk dozens of miles to school and back. Walking a mile cannot be that bad."

"My neck is killing me!" The elder brother argued. "And Lloyd's joints can't take much walking. He-" he went silent suddenly.

Frowning slightly, Wu turned around to see what had caused the abrupt pause. He found the siblings looking around, half confused, half alarmed. Just then he noticed Lloyd was nowhere to be seen.

"Oh, no..." Nya groaned. "Lloyd, you little idiot, where did you...?"

Kai looked around frantically. "Someone must've abducted him. Cities and towns are filled with child abductors and human traffickers and-"