The Collector

"Master, are you okay?" Wayzz asks as the old man was meditating.

"He's here." Master Fu answers as a knock sounded at the door, Wayzz quickly flying off and hiding inside the phonograph.

Adrien knocks on a door and opens it a little bit to see a familiar face.

Wang Fu, who was sitting on the ground, looks up and opens his eyes, "Hello, Chat Noir."

"Well, come on!" Plagg ushers him and flies into the room.

Tikki flies over up to him, "Don't worry! Ladybug isn't here!"

Adrien walks in, the door behind him closing on its own.

"I know you probably wanted Ladybug over here but..." Tikki trails off, a bitter look on her face.

"I know. I saw the news." Master Fu frowns solemnly, "Is your friend okay?"

"As much as she can be."

"You must see what Adrien and I discovered. Show him." Plagg says.

"You know who I am and who Ladybug is too?" Adrien asks.

"Yes. I thought you two would be perfect holders. While that's true for you, it seems I've made a mistake with Ladybug."

"But, who are you?"

The old man stands up and guides him to the phonograph in the room. He presses some buttons and the object opens to reveal a box, but not just any box...the Miracle Box.

"Master Fu is the last known member of the Order of the Guardians." Tikki explains.

"Guardians?"

Wayzz flies out and appears in front of him, "Guardians of the Miraculous! I'm Wayzz, Master Fu's kwami. It's a pleasure to meet you, Adrien."

"You too!" Adrien smiles.

Master Fu takes the box and opens it, "We guardians are responsible for protecting and distributing the Miraculous, for the good of all humanity. We are chosen in childhood and trained for many years, specially for this mission. When we were much, much younger, we..." he sighs, "I made a mistake. The guardians' temple was destroyed, all because of me! Two of the Miraculous were lost that day. The Butterfly and the Peacock. Also gone forever was the ancient Spellbook!"

"But all it has are drawings and a strange language." Adrien says.

"Not strange to a Guardian. Back in the days, I was never given the opportunity to even have a look at it, but I've been taught enough to be able to partially decipher the code." Master Fu explains as Adrien gives him the book, "These pages contain various spells capable of giving the heroes special abilities we haven't known about, until now! Obviously, this book is invaluable." he told him.

The two sit down at a table as the three kwamis fly around.

"I have always believed that whoever possessed this spellbook must also have the Peacock and the Butterfly Miraculous." Master Fu explains as he looks through the spellbook.

"Wait a second, you mean whoever owned the spellbook could be Hawk Moth?" Adrien's eyes widen.

"How did you discover this book, Adrien?" Master Fu asks.