𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 13 || Nobody

"Hi, bub."

Fuck those endearments. That's what Hari thought as she slowly smile at the way the other speak softly at the phone.

It can't be help.

"Hello, Sunoo!" The happiness in her voice could be heard, making The other chuckle lightly.

"How are you feeling now? Still sick?"

Right.

When Hari wasn't able to go home with being soaked from raining after a long day of work, she caught a fever and of course, they we're there to take care of her. Take care of her like a puppy who needs to be taken care of.

"I'm fine already. Thank you, Jungwon." The latter smiled behind the phone.

He's the coldest among them, the one who doesn't care at all and so he know that the moment he craved for this woman's attention, wanting her, just like his friends, he wouldn't let go of any opportunity to tame and take the trust of the little puppy.

"That's great, drink your medicine. We wouldn't want you sick again, bub. Or else you would have to live with us so we'll be able to take care of  you." Here he goes again. Very opposite from the image of him she made up on her mind.

Silly. Yet his voice sound's really serious.

Hari doesn't know what to respond as she humm as a yes, silly him. He, oh scratch that. They never fail to give her the most guilty butterflies in chaos inside of her.

The two talked for a good five minutes before Jungwon ending the call, telling her that he had to leave now. Hari sigh, A little bit disappointed but oh well. Who is she to even demand a thing, An attention from them rather.

The ending of phone call leads her to a small mart near her house, deciding to buy snacks instead of a proper dinner.
If only that her mother is alive, she would have received a ton of— her thoughts we're interrupted, noticing a man who wears an all black, from its cap down to its shoes, aside from its silver necklace with a bullet pendant. And the way the man steal glances at her didn't escape her eyes.

Shoot.

Not again.

The man was standing on the other aisle, Hari woudn't be assuming bad things if only the man looks like he was here for something to buy, But he don't. He was just standing there as if he's waiting for something.

Calm down, Hari.

The incident before flashed back to her mind.

But if the thing she is thinking right now will happen, will she be saved again?

She went to the cashier to pay for the snacks before quickly looking back to see if the man is still around the store— and shoot. He was deadass straight staring at her with his cold, piercing eyes.

She teared the gaze between them. It's only seven pm.

Im so dumb.

Hari thought as she walks back to her house, taking the path where there are a  few people. The latter looked back, no one's following him. Thank goodness.

And at that moment, she regret thanking the goodness.

"What do we have here?" Hari heard the man but she didn't gave him a damn. Instead she continued her pace. Nervous started spreading inside her when the man followed her path. And it wasn't the same man who wears all black with a silver necklace.

For fucksake leave me alone.

Now she felt even more creeped out. Scared. The man was fast to follow her path before stopping her by holding her arms and Hari was quick to detached it.

"Leave me alone." In all her might and braveness that she wanted to show, she acts unbothered.

The man chuckles before once again touching her arms and pulling her close to him. "Give me your—" and in just a second, the man was thrown away as he suffers from the pain. He held on to his chest and saw the blood gush from being stabbed. "FUCK-" The man whimpers in pain while Hari could only cover her mouth due to shock. It was the man with a necklace that has a bullet pendant on it and he... he left the knife on the ground as he left the scene. Blood is everywhere.

Hari's heart was beating fast. Confused. mad. She was scared for life and she doesn't know what to do as she lets out sobbs... and the only thing that calmed her is when she felt safe in somebody's arms.

"Shhh... it's fine." Hari quickly recognized the voice. "Heeseung..." She was crying on his chest with her hand trembling due to what she witnessed. She was never really brave, Especially to brutality when Hari, herself was able to witness the death of her own mother.

"I-it's not me... I didn't..." the knife was thrown to her side earlier and she was the only one that's near the bleeding man who is no longer breathing and just lying on the ground.

It reminds her of the past.

The past where she was blamed for her own mother's death.

When nobody believed and when everyone hater her.

Could it be that the man framed me up?

"I-I didn't—" she sobbed. Thinking about what would happen now.

"Shh... we believe you, love." He comforted her with his sweet voice and a warm hug.

"He's dead." Hari heard another voice from the side that made her turn around only to see Jake, Jay, and Jungwon who was observing the lying man while Sunghoon, Ni-ki, and Sunoo was on Heeseung's side, looking at Hari with pity in their eyes. Well, maybe. It wasn't a pity at all.

A triumph, rather.

"It w-was the m-man who stabbed h-him..." Hari tried to stop herself from stuttering but it couldn't be help as she sobbs.

"And he left..."

"It wasn't me, I d-didnt–" a lot of things are circling inside her mind already and so Jungwon pulled her near him, letting her now cry to his shoulder as he pats her back.

"We believe you, bub." He smiled as if he was trying to assure her that it's fine.

"We're here..." yet that assuring smile hides something dark.

It hides monster.

Triumph.

"Not everybody will believe you...

They will hate you...

They will lock you in...

They will see you as a murderer.

Do you want that...?"

It's like an ice cold water was poured right on her when she heard those.

"No..." unsure.

They're right. Once everyone knew, she will experience the past that she hated before.

"Stay with us, Darling." It was Jay.

"We'll keep you safe..." Jay, as if he was speaking flowery words as he softly caress Hari's cheeks. Drying the hot tears.

The latter was indulged in a warm, safe hug "And nobody will ever know."

And she failed to see what the future see, she failed to see the forming smirk and  she failed to read what is circling in their mind... and nobody will have to know about it.

Nobody.