train wreck

"Find hope in the hopeless"

Finnick's Pov

I woke up to the feeling of relief. We made it. We were on the flight to district 13. I instantly got up to look for Sabrina. I wanted to hug her and tell her just how much I love her, I want her to know that she is safe now. Safe with me. I'll always wonder why she ever chose to be with me of all people. She's so perfect and deserves the world, and we're finally free. I looked in each compartment still not finding her. I found Haymitch, I decided I'll ask him where she is.
"Haymitch!"
I called walking over to him.
"Finnick... we need to talk."
Haymitch told me hesitantly. I furrowed my brows at him. Whatever he needed to talk to me about could wait till after I have Sabrina in my arms.
"Uh sure, first where is Sabrina?"
I asked him. He sighed and looked down at his feet then back to me.
"Follow me Finnick."
Haymitch told me. Haymitch led me to a conference room where Havensbee already was.
"Finnick. Sabrina still had her tracker in when we got you guys. We couldn't risk the Capital knowing where we were."
Haymitch told me. My heart felt like it had just broken into a million pieces. They left the one thing I had left. She was my everything and now I have nothing.
"So you left her?!"
I yelled at Haymitch pinning him up against the door.
"Finnick! We would've been compromised! And she's not alone, they took Peeta and Johanna too."
Havensbee yelled at me. I dropped Haymitch, and turned to Havensbee.
"Is that supposed to make me feel better?!"
I yelled at him.
"It was never the plan to lose anyone, Finnick and you know that!"
Havensbee said too calmly.
"Let me go. Let me go to the capital, I'll get her! Please let me save her."
I begged. Haymitch shook his head repeatedly.
"We need you here Finnick. We will send a group to get them."
Haymitch told me.
"When will you send them?"
I asked leaning on the table.
"As soon at we can."
Havensbee assured me.

Katniss found out about Peeta, she was just as upset as me when I found out about Sabrina. I still couldn't believe the only person I cared about, I lost. The jet landed at district 13. I walked out with Katniss. I felt bad for her but I didn't even have the energy to talk. Katniss ran to one of the guys from district 12 and left me walking to the building alone.
As I walked into the hospital wing I thought I saw Sabrina but it wasn't her. It was August. She looked confused when she saw just me. God this was going to break her.

"Finnick!"
August exclaimed jumping into my arms. I hugged her as tears started to brim my eyes and my shoulders started to shake.
"Finnick? Where's Sabrina?"
She asked me. I lost it. I became a sobbing mess.
"They got her."
I sobbed. I looked at her face to see her reaction. She looked like her whole world had just collapsed.
"No."
She sobbed.
I nodded my head.
"I couldn't save her! The capital has her."
I sobbed even more falling to the ground.
She fell down with me.
"She can do this. You know she can. She's Sabrina, she's a survivor."
August cried. The doctors came over to me and pulled me off the ground to take me to a hospital room. I changed into a hospital gown as I sat on my bed, tying knots. It helped me calm down. This went on for days. I never left the room. August would come visit me to give me food and water or updates.

"What do you mean they still haven't sent troops?"
I asked August frustrated. I was promised I would see her soon.
"I don't know they said they need a distraction."
August told me.
Just then the danger alarm went off.
The doctors rushed in to take us down to the bunker. We rushed down the stairs to safety. There were bunk beds, I let August take top bunk.

I looked down at a locket I kept to myself. It had my favorite picture of Sabrina and I in it. It was us on the beach, her head on my shoulder, looking up at me. As I was pressing a kiss against her lips. I still remember that day like it was yesterday. She had the most beautiful smile in the world. I remember the first time I told her I loved her. She was so flustered she didn't know what to say. She didn't say anything actually she just kissed me, that was her answer. I loved the way I could make her flustered by just looking at her. The way her face would go bright red. I didn't even realize that tears were falling down my face till Katniss came to sit with me.
I quickly wiped my tears.
"Don't be embarrassed. I know you love her."
Katniss told me. I couldn't help but let another tear fall down my face.
The guy from district 12 which I've come to know as Gale came up to us.
"We're sending out a troop tomorrow. Would you do a broadcast so we can override their security cameras?"
Gale asked me. I eagerly nodded, not waiting a second to think. I could see her again. My Sabrina. Katniss rubbed my back and left for her bed. The lights turned off and for the first time since I came here I slept peacefully knowing I'd see her soon.

The camera men had me stand in the middle of district 13 for my confession of what Snow did to me and who Snow truly was.
"And we are live in 3..2..1!"
The girl said pointing to me.
"This is Finnick Odair. I'm not here to give you recent news, but the truth about mitts, about a life of luxury. You can't survive the arena, the moment you leave, you're a slave. President Snow used to sell me for my body at least, if you refused, he'd kill someone you love. I found a much more valuable form of payment. Secrets. But the biggest secrets are about our good President Coriolanus Snow. Such a young man when he rose to power, such a clever one to keep it. How? You may ask. Did he do it. One word. Poison. There were so many mysterious deaths. Snow would drink from the same cup to deflect suspicion but antidotes don't always work. Which is why he wears roses that reek of perfume. To help cover the scent of blood from sores in his mouth that will never heal. Poison, the perfect weapon for a snake."
I finished. The cut the camera hoping that it was long enough to cover the feed. We went into the building to find Katniss talking to President Snow.
"Do you not think I know your troops are in the tributes center?"
Snow taunted as the video clicked off.

"They got them!"
Beetee celebrated after about 30 minutes. They were on their way back. She was coming back. Back to me.

Word Count: 1214
This one was a bit longer than the one before I hope you guys like it!!