09.

Lily loml🌻

Bro
The triplets 1st podcast is today
I'm so excited
It seemed awesome already from the trailer last week

I knooow
Kinda mad if it's every monday bc it's my closing day

Sucks to be you
I love my day off even more now💃🏻💃🏻
Jk i'll wait for you to watch it tonight like you do for the other vids

Thanks bestie😞

<33

Also the fact they're gonna have guests is really cool
I really can't wait to watch the first one

I know they probs have a few episodes recorded
But i hope it won't be too much work for them now

Ye
3 vids a week
Esp nick who has to edit

Nick our king >>

Fact
Btw i might be home a bit earlier bc the café is kinda dead rn
Just the old couple that comes weekly and they're almost done
So you won't wait much for me to watch the podcast

Yayy
The one together for 50 years?
I love those old ladies, they're so cute

Fr and they always leave a huge tip
We don't deserve them😞
Anyways see you in an hour or so ig

See you soon🫶🏻

When Alex put her phone back in her pocket, the "old ladies" as described by Lily were getting ready to leave. When they reached the counter, they both gave the blonde a sweet smile as one of them pulled out a bill from her wallet.

"The chocolate cake was delicious as always, but did you guys change anything?" One of the ladies asked.

"Yeah Lily did!" Alex knew that her friend would be excited to know that someone had noticed. "She tried adding some chocolate shavings before putting the cake in the oven."

"Now I'm going to have a hard time deciding which one I like most, but it was as good as the usual recipe. You'll tell her that it reminds me of how my mum would make it".

Alex couldn't help the smile growing on her face. The couple had never once been rude to her and her other coworkers when they would come. Lily was always glad when they would compliment her food and it helped improve her self-confidence as chocolate desserts were basically the only thing Lily had mastered. Alex was really happy that she would be able to pass on the message to her friend.

Alex was finally able to close the café after the happy couple left and because the day had been a slow one, she had had time to clean little by little so that she didn't have much left to do now.

~~~

    When Alex arrived home, Lily was waiting for her on the couch. The TV was already set up on the Cut the Camera YouTube channel and some snacks were waiting for the two girls on the table. Alex told Lily to start the podcast as she would just be grabbing a can of Dr. Pepper in the fridge. As Lily did so and clicked on the video, the first out of many "Good morning Campers" from Nick Sturniolo could be heard in the house.

The podcast first started with Nick, Matt and Chris talking about looking alike, which is something that never bothered them much as they know that their viewers are easily able to differentiate them – even Lily could do it without problem by now.

As they then mentioned the fact that some pairs of best friends sometimes looked more alike than them, Lily and Alex exchanged a quick glance before laughing. Even though they had been friends since middle school, they had barely anything in common regarding their physical appearance.

The podcast kept dwelling on growing up as triplets, regarding the impact it could have on their friends but also the annoying comments they would always get from people. However, as they were mostly talking about the negative outcomes, they decided to start listing the positive aspects of growing up with two other people. Nick, Matt and Chris all agreed that being a triplet was the same as having built-in friends who were here for you at all times.

A couple of minutes later, Chris highlighted the support he always felt from his brothers and that the three of them being on the same page is something they all feel lucky about.

Then, as the topic of constant comparison was being tackled, Lily and Alex were quietly listening. The two girls felt very close to the triplets in the way that they were learning about their struggles. Them being so open about it was an opportunity to understand how the Life as Triplets was. What hit the hardest was the moment when Matt summarised the small conversation by explaining that no matter if it's about similarities or differences, people still find a way to compare them.

The podcast eventually finished on a more light-hearted tone as Nick, Matt and Chris were laughing about their high school experience when someone would meet one of them without knowing that they were a triplet. This would lead to them pretending to be one another just for a two seconds conversation in the hallways – and then at the end of the day, debriefing who came up to talk to each of them.

"I just loved it so much, oh my god!" Alex exclaimed as the video ended.

"Me too, like– I absolutely adore the Wednesday and Friday videos but this type of content is so refreshing I don't know", Lily agreed with her friend. "I feel closer to them, make it make sense I guess".

"I get you don't worry, I know we're gonna have another perspective of their lives and they're gonna enjoy giving it to us as much as we're gonna enjoy learning about it."

"Exactly like..." Lily thought for a few seconds, "an inside point of view of not only the Sturniolo Triplets but simply Nick, Matt and Chris as people, just individuals. This is what they're trying to make people realise, they're not only triplets – even though that's a bit of their brand I guess – but they are also their own person."

The two girls were just really excited to see more of this new project from the triplets, although Alex had to share some semi bad news:

"However, I have no idea if I'll have the motivation to watch an hour of podcast every Monday when I come home from work".

"Oh yeah, I understand". Lily put a comforting hand on Alex's shoulder while trying to find a solution. "Just pick a day and we'll catch up at that time!"

"I mean, I might not even watch it weekly if I'm honest so– I won't mind and it might actually be best that you watch them whenever you want like when they come out if that's what you prefer and I'll postpone my 'watch podcast sessions' until I have enough attention span to listen to them for a whole hour", Alex explained.

"If that's okay with you yeah I'm fine with that", Lily let out a smile. "We'll still have to discuss it obviously".

"Of course", Alex immediately agreed. "Lots of new info we'll have to talk about!"

What they didn't know yet is that watching the next podcasts on their own would finally enable Lily to choose her favourite triplet as she would realise that one of them might be a bit too relatable for her taste, and maybe a tiny bit too attractive on camera.

★ ★ ★★ ★

Thank you for reading. Votes and comments are always appreciated if you like this story :)

The story is co written w little_grapejuice