Chapter 20: It Was Discovered Before You Knew It

Start from the beginning

Except tent twenty four where Doctor Nevardo and Damiein were at.

'Turn'

Damien who was watching Doctor Nevardo like a hawk turned to look at Carlo who had entered the tent with a reluctant tone.

"Is something wrong Carlo?" (Damien, asked)

'Turn'

Doctor Nevardo turned at Damien's question.

"That....it seems both the Madam and Ulisses have gone missing" (Carlo, said)

Apparently, he had also heard that the Priest was unexpectedly summoned back to the temple for an urgent matter but that raised more suspicion.

"What?" (Damien, asked)

Damien asked with an angry frown while Doctor Nevardo's face darkened at the problem that the priest had just left him with.

If his instincts were right the priest had something to do with the disappearance of the Duchess.

For many hours they searched everywhere in the Northern territory.

Damien had sent birds with immediate messages dispatching every Reynolds knight to search everywhere.

Some to go to the Alpaca mountains, the temple, and the very outskirts of the territory after the poorer rural areas.

But they had found no trace of them.

It was already sundown and no one came with news.

Damien was beyond infuriated trying to calm his anger for his curse to not relapse.

'Were the hell are they?!' (Damien's inner thoughts)

'Were the hell is my wife...' (Damine's inner thoughts)

'Clench'

He clenched his fist in anger.

'Look up'

And look up Doctor Nevardo who had entered the house he had been using.

"...." (Damien)

He scrunched his eyes.

The only place they had not searched was Doctor Nevardo's room.

.....

'Step, Step, Step'

Walking.

'Halt'

Stop walking

'Smile'

Doctor Nevardo stopped in the hallways of his bedroom as he sensed a presence.

"Do you need something Duke?" (Doctor Nevardo, asked)

He asked without turning around.

"Funny, we haven't searched your room out of courtesy however do you think I'm going to stand still" (Damien, said)

He said coldly as Carlo stood on the side alongside, Sir Hector, Sir King, and Sir Enrolls since Sir Jupan had stayed to watch Jhones who had still not woken up.

'Turn'

Doctor Nevardo turned around his a polite smile.

"Duke is this because your wife suspects me you're blaming me for your wife's disappearance along with your aid?" (Doctor Nevardo, said)

"Has the Duke not watched me like a hawk?" (Doctor Nevardo, asked)

"I have not left your side at all how could I kidnap your wife shouldn't you be suspecting the temple priest?" (Doctor Nevardo, asked)