15. Smoking

Kieran Richards

"The fuck is your problem?" The man shoved the hundreds of poker chips and they hit me, landing all over my chair, all falling at my feet, rolling along the ground.

"Who the fuck are you talking to?" Davian came over my shoulder, handing me my drink.

"Your little pal here, he's a fucking cheater!" The man screamed.

"Clean them up." I said.

He gave me a disgusted look.

"I have a beautiful new pistol to try out if you don't." I sat back, sipping my bourbon.

I pulled it from my coat pocket and laid it on my thigh.

The man glared as he stood, fixing his dress coat like it did anything.

He came and knelt, picking up the chips.

I didn't move an inch.

He reached and grabbed the ones lying on my chest, my legs, on the chair.

Zara came by with a notepad.

"Gentlemen. What can I do for you drink wise?" She asked.

The man continued picking up the chips as the others ordered swiftly.

Her hand handed on my shoulder.

"Ms. Alistar will be downstairs in the next few minutes." She walked away and I watched the man pick them up.

He flung thousands of dollars to the floor.

He put the stack he had on the table, starting the next.

I kept my pointer finger on the trigger and he began trembling with pressure.

The elevator doors opened and Morana stepped through, all eyes finding her as id expect.

I looked at Davian and his eyes were glued to her.

I continued eyeing the man who glanced up at her for a bit too long.

I cleared my throat and he continued.