07 | The sunrise

My eyes fluttered open at the sound of tiny rocks hitting my window, I grabbed my robe off the chair and walked towards my window

My eyes fluttered open at the sound of tiny rocks hitting my window, I grabbed my robe off the chair and walked towards my window. Glenn was standing outside in the snow practically wrapped in a scarf and beanie, he motioned with his hands for me to open my window so I did.

"Come on, I want to show you something." He whispered-yelled, just loud enough for me to hear.

I glanced back at my clock, normally I'd be upset if someone woke me up at this hour but because it was him, I didn't care.

"It's 4 am in the morning." I said, hoping he knows how crazy this is.

"That's the point, hurry up, it's freezing." He said, rubbing the palms of his hands together causing some sort of heat.

I shook my head softly while shutting my window, I spun around and hurried inside my closet throwing on a cozy pair of sweatpants and a yellow fuzzy long-sleeve sweater, I slipped on my slippers and rushed inside my bathroom. I looked like I'd just been run over by a very large bus, and I only had time to brush my teeth and wash my face with cold water hoping it'd wake me up a bit more.

I tipped toed out of my room, my parents were sleeping and if they found out I was sneaking out so early in the morning knowing them they'd probably file a missing person report. I rushed over to his car, and he immediately trapped my head with a fluffy beanie while wrapping an even fluffier scarf around my neck and lending me a very large puffer jacket. I smiled when I glanced down at my body which was covered in oversized clothing, it looked like I was drowning.

"Is there a reason why I'm drowning in warmth?" I asked, he chuckled while reaching back inside his car and pulling out a tumbler and two mugs.

"Do you trust me?" He said, his arm reached out as his body was turned towards the open field, he was waiting for my hand to take his.

There wasn't any hesitation on my part, my hand slipped into his and a smile appeared against his lips. Did he really think I didn't trust him? Glenn is probably one of the men I trust most in this world. We walked through the field across from my house, there were a few trees we had to squeeze past, and right when we did I realized we got to the part of the field where the sun sets and there was a bunch of bluegrass which is one of many favorite snacks for wild horses.

There was a truck backed into the field with the tailgate lowered, there was a cozy blanket laid down.

"Did you do this?" I asked, my eyes couldn't stop looking at everything.

"Come on, it gets better." He said, the sky was starting to turn lighter.

We sat on the blanket and he had another blanket rolled up waiting for us, he carefully tossed it over us causing our bodies to sit even closer to each other.

"Don't you have work today?"

"I do but I wanted you to see this." He said, his head turned to look at me.