06 | The whore

I stared at myself in the mirror, my fingers ran through my hair puffing out my natural ginger hair

    I stared at myself in the mirror, my fingers ran through my hair puffing out my natural ginger hair. It's a Friday night and to my surprise, my best friend is throwing a Halloween party a couple of months early because during October she'll be gone for work. This year I decided to dress up like one of my favorite book characters, Daisy Jones. I had on a short orange romper that was strapless with brown heel boots that reached my knees, I had on an oversized brown fur coat with silver hoop earrings and silver rings, and my natural nails were painted in a dark jade green color.

Glenn and I haven't spoken since the kiss happened, every time I have a shift at the clinic he's never there and I have a feeling he might be avoiding me but tonight there's literally nowhere to run.

My best friend lives an hour away from me, the drive to the party had me thinking about everything and I hated having this much time to think about my life. I forced myself out of my sweatpants tonight, I'm a huge homebody and have severe anxiety even leaving my house for work but here I am, at a party filled with people who start rumors about my family and my love life.

There were flashing lights and Halloween decorations all over her house, the house was practically shaking with all the music and dancing. I felt intimidated walking inside all by myself, my eyes scanned the room looking for my blonde best friend and I immediately spotted her at the bar.

"Hey babe." Blair squeaked, she ran across the room jumping into my arms. She was dressed up as Alice from Wonderland but like the slutty, hot version with her boyfriend dressed up as a bunny.

I smiled back, my arms hugged her back equally as tight. I was starting to think maybe I should've dressed more sexy, every girl in here seemed to be wearing nothing but strings and here I was dressed as my favorite book character.

"You look so good!" I said, loud enough for her to hear over the music.

"Me? No way, you look like a hot hipster!" She said, her fingers running through my ginger locks.

My costume is probably going to seem so stupid to people, especially if they never read the book.

We talked for a little before I decided to head to the bar, I wasn't going to drink but I needed something to settle my nerves so I decided on a beer. Blair was already drunk and dancing with her boyfriend, my back leaned against the bar as I people-watched everyone. There was just something I couldn't stop thinking about and that something was Rhys, he's lost in his own misery and I can't help but feel devastated for him because even with all the damage he's done to me I know deep inside he's not a bad person.

All of sudden my eyes spotted Glenn in the far back corner talking to a girl dressed in the most sexy, ratchet outfit I've ever seen. They were only standing inches away from each other, his hand was placed against her hip and they both had a flirty smile plastered on their face while leaning into each other.