Working Partners (Chris Redfield x Reader)

You're the newest member of the hound wolf squad. Your code name was 'Echo'. Once you and the team got to the small village Chris assigned everyone their areas. Some were on the aircraft, others were on the ground, but you. You were assigned to stay by Chris the whole time. His right hand man.  "Tundra, you're still up in the air. The rest of you on the ground with me. Split up. Echo. You're with me." Chris said in his stern, emotionless voice. "Yes sir." You responded to his orders knowing that you don't have a choice in the matter. You weren't exactly surprised that he'd want you with him. You were one of the best on the team, apart from Chris of course. 

You weren't told many details of the mission just yet. You weren't told who was involved or why you were there. You just knew you were needed. Chris came to your door a couple of nights ago. Once you opened the door and saw his expression you knew exactly what he needed. He needed you to with him on a mission.

~Flashback~

You were sitting on your couch dosing off after eating dinner. Suddenly you heard a knock, you thought it was the TV so you just ignored it. Then it got louder. You sighed and rolled your eyes while getting up. "Fuck me." you whispered. You opened the door in a slightly aggressive way. You saw Chris' grim expression and you let him in. "What can I help you with Redfield?" He walked past you slightly shoving you to the side. "Well excuse you.." You mumbled low enough so he couldn't hear you. He made himself comfortable at your dining room table sighing once he sat down. "Can I get you a coffee or anything." You asked him walking toward your kitchen. "No, thanks though." He denied your offer. Well at least he said something. You thought. You walked back to the dining room and sat down across from him. "So, what do you need?" You asked him. He sighed again putting his thumb and finger pinching the bridge of his nose. "I need you to go on a mission with me and my team." He looked at you with a hind of desperation in his cold eyes.

You looked down and fidgeted your hands. "Chris.. you know I retired from all this bullshit." You continued to fidget. "I know (Y/N), but I need you with me and the team. After this, you can quit for good." He explained. "Until you need me again, and again." You took pause then continued carefully watching Chris' facial expressions. "It's the same thing every time Chris. You say that this is the last time and that I can quit after this, but you always come back." You said in a stern yet calm tone. "It'll be different this time. I promise." He put his hands on the table. 

You sat and stared at each other for a moment. "What's in it for me?" You sigh once again and look up at the ceiling closing your eyes. "My word that you'll never have to do this again. I'm thinking about retiring myself now so you don't have to worry about me trying to recruit you into some more shit that you shouldn't be involved in." He rolled his eyes. "Then why are you involving me in it?" You shot him a glare. "I just... It's important that you're a part of this." He got more desperation in his eyes. "Fine... But I mean when I say this is the last time." You said sternly. "The last time." Chris confirmed. 

~Current Time~

Now here you were. Freezing your ass off in the middle some weird ass village in Romania. Why did I agree to this?  You thought. You loved Chris and everything but you just wanted to lay it down to rest. You were enjoying your retirement and this just was a curve ball thrown at you with no warning. You continued to walk through the thick snow closely behind Chris pointing your gun ahead of you in case something were to come at you. "Down this way." Chris commanded. "Yes sir." You obeyed.  You followed him to the megamycete when he suddenly got a text. You glanced over and Chris let out a slight gasp. It was Ethan Winters. Your best friend since high school. "Chris. Is that Ethan?" You said sternly your voice shaking a bit. "(Y/N), we need to keep moving." He looked away from you completely. "Chris. Answer my fucking question." You started to raise your voice. "Yes, it-" You interrupted him. "Show me the picture Chris. Now. I'm not fucking around." You grabbed the phone from his hands and went through all the pictures. You examined them quickly then through the phone back into Chris' hand running off. "(Y/N)! Slow down!" Chris tried to run after you. Once you reached the end of the tunnel you ran into something...some one.

You looked up at the figure you ran into and it was her. Mother Miranda. You looked at her with fear clouding your eyes as she slowly bent down to you level. "Now what do we have here?" She let out a light chuckle while speaking. "You bitch.." You said out of anger. She didn't like that one bit. Swiftly she grabbed you by your neck and began lifting you in the air. "Let...me...down..." You said straining for air. "Tisk, tisk, tisk. So naive, so young. Shame I'll have to put you to waste. I could've put you to good use." She began squeezing your neck harder, You heard a slight pop and started to panic. You tried to call out for Chris but it was no use. You couldn't breath let alone scream. 

You began to accept your fate as you felt a sharp stabbing pain in your abdomen. She was stabbing you while choking you out. It hurt like hell. You just wanted it to be over. Just kill me already, put me out of my misery. You thought. Suddenly you were dropped. You faintly heard gun shots and then you blacked out. Once you opened your eyes you sat up. Everything looked so...cold.  You saw Ethan. "Ethan?!" You called out to him. "Ethan, I'm here to help you get Rose!" You ran to him. "(Y/N)... You...You shouldn't be here. Go back." He grabbed on to you. "What do you mean go back?" You questioned. "You can't die on me too." He sobbed. "What?" Suddenly you heard someone screaming your name. Your eyes snapped open. You thought you were awake before but...you weren't? You saw Chris. His once cold expression turned into worry and sorrow. 

He began to shake your arm slightly. "Come on (Y/N), stay with me." He practically begged you. You looked at him with tired eyes. "I don't think I'll make it out of this one Chris..." You softly smiled. Tears rolling down your cheeks now. "You're going to make it out (Y/N)... You have to." He sounded like he was almost demanding. "Chris...You can't order me out of this one..." Your breathing became heavy since the pain was really catching up to you. "I'm dying just admit it... It's okay.. We said this would be my last mission remember. This is just ensuring it." You spoke, every couple of words you would wince in pain. "Don't say that. You're going to get out of here with me okay?" You could've swore you saw some tears in his eyes. "Chris..." You put your bloody hand up on his neck. "Yeah?" He held your head up. "I love you. Don't you ever forget that..." You said softly, your eyes getting heavy. "(Y/N) come on. Please..." He was definitely crying now. Once he felt your body go limp he put his head on your chest. "I love you too..." He sobbed into you when someone came running in. You couldn't think from there. 

You heard beeping. What the..?  You thought. Are there microwaves in heaven or something? You opened your eyes to see a white hospital room. "Oh, I didn't die? What a shame." You chuckled to yourself. You looked around you and saw him. Chris. He was a bit more gray now. "Chris..?" You called out to him. His eyes suddenly shot open from his sleep and he looked at you in shock. "(Y/N), you're awake. You're alive." He rushed over to your side grabbing you hand. "I'm alive." You smiled gripping onto his hand. "I love you." He smiled brushing his free hand against your face. Your eyes went wide and your smile grew. "I love you too Chris, so much." You put your hand on his face as you shared a kiss. "I'm never letting go of you. Never again." He stated as you two held each other for the rest of the day. 

𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𓆏 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊 𓍯𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𓆏 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊 𓍯𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊𓆏 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊 𓍯

1488 Words...

A/N:

I promise y'all I'm trying to get a schedule going so that I post every Friday. Things are just a tad busy right now. Let me know what you want to see next because I have no ideas. Love you all! 

~Payton