Old Memories (Ethan Winters Pt. 3)

(Ethan's Flashback to his Senior year, your Junior/ 12th grade and 11th grade)

(TW MENTIONS OF CUTS AND BLOOD)

"Hey Ethan?" (Y/N) called.

"Yeah?" I said, opening my eyes. (Y/N) and I were laying on the ground in the park. That's our typical Saturday. We sit in the park and talk about things. Anything that's on our minds.

"What do you want to do after high school again?" She asked me.

"I want to be a systems engineer. I'm going to college just out of state." I explained.

"Wait.. You're going out of state? Since when?" She sat up.

"Oh.. I forgot to tell you... I got accepted into a college in Oklahoma." I said. I completely forgot to tell her about it. Shit.

"Whatever geek. Thanks for telling me." She smirked.

There's no way she's not mad at me right now. I know better.

"Are you mad?" I sat up to look her in the eyes.

"No Ethan, I just wish you didn't have to go out of state. Don't get me wrong, I want you to be successful and happy. I just know that it's going to be hard without you here." She looked down with a small smile on her face.

"I know. I'll be back I promise." I put my hand on her shoulder.

"I know you will be. So how long will you be there? Like in college."

"About two years is all. So I'll be back by the time you're on summer break for your college. Sound good?" I gave her a soft reassuring smile.

"Yeah. Sounds good."

Soon enough I graduated. At my graduation party I really only talked to (Y/N). I felt so guilty leaving her behind. I didn't want to but I had to. (Y/N) stayed the night. It was only her and I. We talked for hours in my room listening to music together. Then (Y/N) started crying. I cupped my hand on her cheek.

"What's the matter? Why are you crying?" I started to move my thumb a bit.

"I don't want you to go tomorrow Ethan. You're the only person I have right now. The only person who saw me for who I really was and not just some dumb kid who hangs out with a senior because she wants to be cool or something. Ethan, you are my everything. I can't just let you go and not see you for the next two years."

I had to process everything that she said. She usually doesn't open up like this. It's a nice change. I won't lie, this was breaking my heart. Now I really don't want to go. I know I need to but it hurts so much.

"I'll be back soon I promise. I'll text you everyday and I'll call you almost every night. Okay?"

"Okay..." She softly smiled.

I looked into her deep (E/C) eyes and something was pulling me closer. We slowly moved into each other. Then a deep passionate kiss. Both of us were inching closer and closer until I was on top of her.

"Ethan, we can't." She sighed.

"I know. I know." I got off. "I'm sorry I just got a little ahead of myself." I looked down.

"It's okay. If we weren't so young and you didn't have to leave tomorrow I would say sure."

"No, I completely understand."  I looked at her with a guilty expression. 

"Are you sure?"  She looked at me, almost looking like she felt obligated to. 

"I'm positive (Y/N)."  I gave a soft smile. This is the one thing I don't want. I don't want her to feel obligated to do anything at all.