Chapter 6

We had made quite a lot of progress. The leaders, who regularly checked in and had been keeping their eye on us somehow (which was kinda creepy), congratulated us and told us to keep up the good work.

    When we had recruited almost 2000 people to join our cause, the leaders began making a plan to overthrow the Warlock King. Libertate gatherings were now held once a week and everyone had been training extra hard for the oncoming battle. Every meeting had some sort of battle training involved. Some special suits were made for the various species, and fighting strategies and techniques were planned.

    Finally, the day everyone had been anticipating had come, the leaders were giving everyone pep talks and encouraging words. I saw a group of elven kids who looked to be about 12 or 13, they looked like someone was about to chop the world in half or something. I walked over to them and squatted down so that I was at their height.

    "Hey, everything's gonna be alright, okay?" I said softly.

    "B-but, I'm scared. Why are we fighting instead of hiding?" a girl with black hair asked, trembling.

    "Well, if we keep hiding. Then we're never gonna live a fear-free life. Besides, isn't life about taking risks?" I replied, smiling gently at her.

    At that moment, the leaders used a spell to amplify their voices so that everyone could hear them.

    "Okay, everyone. Today is the day we have all been waiting for! We've all trained super hard for this moment, and we want you all to know that we're so impressed by all the progress you've completed and that this war could finally be the chance to gain our freedom back!" Tracy shouted, hyping everyone up.

    The crowd cheered loudly and raised their weapons into the air, chanting; "Freedom! Freedom! Freedom!"

*****

    As the sky turned into a blazing inferno of reds and oranges and the sun slowly started its descent. The rebellion of roughly 1,000,000 magical people, armed with all types of weapons imaginable and a drive unlike any other, charged the Warlock King's castle, killing the King's men left and right. Shouts and screams were heard, from war cries to the screams of creatures and people being stabbed. The sound of weapons clashing against each other echoed throughout the fiery sunset as the two forces fought fiercely.

    And while all of this was happening, Felix and I were on our own secret mission, one we hadn't told anyone about, knowing that they would probably try to stop us. I guess that was actually pretty stupid of us since now no one knew where we were if we needed help.

    We took down as many warriors as we could while we slowly but surely made our way up the castle. Once we were inside, I shot any warrior in sight with a poison-tipped arrow, which wasn't many since most of the warriors were outside fighting the rebellion.

    Once we reached the navy and gold double doors that Felix said was the entrance to the throne room. I counted down with my fingers to signal when we would burst in, 3...2...1. We barged in, using our shoulders to slam open the doors and I shot down three warriors in just one shot with poisonous arrows while Felix stabbed another three with his now enchanted sword that had been enchanted for him for the battle. Then we both turned to the Warlock King. I had honestly never seen him in person before, and I'm glad I never had. The guy was crusty, musty, dusty, and everything in between. Honestly, I thought kings were supposed to be rich af, shouldn't he have people who help him with a skin routine or something?

    He was sitting on his throne, wearing navy and black armor, a big wooden staff with a ruby held in his hands while a large raven with empty eye sockets perched on his shoulder. A black spiked crown sat atop his slicked back albino shoulder length white locks, and a pale face with two blood red eyes and tiny black pupils looked on calmly as he gave us a smile that sent chills down our bodies.