twenty-nine

Warnings:

Warnings:

○●○●○●○●○●○

The group of Slytherins found it hard to believe what Cedric and Kara were telling them. "Merla was snogging who in the library?" Duri narrowed his eyes.

Merla, who was walking up to her friends quickly ran over. She jumped onto Cedrics back and covered his mouth. "No one! We were not snogging!"

"Guys! Don't rile her up!" Lori scolded. "She has her first task today."

Merla slowly crawled off of Cedric. She gave him a look that plainly read I'll kill you. And she would.

Lori reached out and grabbed Merlas fancy looking Hogwarts uniform. "Is this what you're wearing for the tournament?"

"No, she's just dressing nice for her Library Lover." Cedric giggled. Merla gave him a fake laugh, then reached over and smacked his head.

She looked back to Lori, "Yes. This is what I'm wearing. I look cute don't I?" Merla twirled around to give her friends a look.

"Very dapper, Merla." Zaid replied dryly. She followed his gaze to Cho Chang. Man's was whipped...

"Malfoy." A deep and gloomy voice called out to her. The students all turned to look at the head of Slytherin house. "We must depart, or you'll be late."

Merla gave her friends a tight lip smile, they all called out to her wishing her luck. She didn't need the luck, she was a genius. Even when Potter spotted her outside of class yesterday offering to tell her what the first task was, she told him to keep it a surprise.

She was just too confident.

Professor Snape glanced down at Merla as the two strode wordlessly towards the tent. He too seemed confident in Merla. When the two arrived at the edge of the forest, Merla finally caught sight of the tent.

Snape paused outside. "When you enter, Bagman will greet you and tell you the procedure." Merla gave a sharp nod and made a move to enter the tent. Snape held out an arm, the girl looked up in confusion. "Goodluck." 

He spoke swiftly, but clearly. Merla smiled at his retreating figure then she entered the tent. Bagman shouted a greeting to her and instructed her to get comfortable while they waited for Harry. 

Fleur was sitting in a corner looking pale, and Krum gave her a meaning full look. He too, was telling her good luck. When she walked past him, she gave him a shoulder pat.