one ♤ intro: long journey

Warnings: near drowning

○●○●○●○●○●○

September 1, 1990

Taking a step onto the hogwarts express, Merla Malfoy breathed in a breath of fresh air. This is figuratively of course, the steam from the engine was most likely polluting the air and infact not fresh.

Merla turned around to see her family. Her bratty little brother, overbearing mother and bitchy father giving their all to look happy as they send off their oldest daughter.

She was finally free of them. Temporarily of course, it was most likely she was going to be forced to return home during the holidays. But for now, she pretends she doesn't see her family on the platform as she marches deeper into the trains compartments.

All of the compartments were full, and Melra was not a very social child. Growing up she only had one friend. Their parents were acquainted and occasionally would set up play dates for their monstrous little children.

Enid Nott.

The two were a pair of nightmares since they've met.  Both equally as cunning and rude as the other. They would never hesitate to pull another girls hair or punch a boy in the throat if they were bothering them.

Merla and Enid often lived in their own world. Ignoring whatever was going around them to sit in silence and judge from a far. Melra only hoped Enid's parents allowed her to attend hogwarts and not that academy in France.

Finally, Merla found an empty compartment. Throwing her luggage to the over head compartment was a challenge but she eventually got it up there.

"That was quite the show." Merla startled at the familiar voice. Enid
Stood by the entrance of the compartments door staring at Merla.

"Glad you enjoyed watching me suffer." The Malfoy scoffed when Enid gave her a hug.

"Don't pout. I know you're excited to see me."

Merla shoved Enid off her and into the seat opposite of her. "Quite the opposite."

"Oh?"

"Yes, I'm actually sobbing on the inside. My mind is asking. "Why is this brunette following me everywhere?" The answer? Shes got no other friends."

Enid pouted and kicked Melras shins. "Shut up."

A knock came from the entrance of the compartment. A girl their age scanned the room before turning behind her and shouting something to another boy.