Chapter 16 The new location

After a very intriguing hour and a half briefing of what was about to occur, me and Michael were en route to the new location. Zoe planned to stay with the five ghosts while we were away. Or while Mike was away.

I was already homesick after being told it would be too difficult, too obvious to let me leave once Afton and the other threats were in the building. We'd better get through this. I need to get back home. For the sake of my sanity.

The vibrations of the van on the road were comforting somehow. Every now and then it'd distract me. But I was constantly worried, so much could go wrong. I think Mike knew I was concerned.

He'd often look over at me with that glance of, it'll be fine, and occasionally he'd take my hand whenever I'd begin to tremble. He was a good friend. It did annoy me, however, that he had to wear his stupid mask during the entire journey in the back of a van with no windows.

The vehicle came to a rather sudden stop, causing my panic to return, "What was that? Did we get caught?"

"Better." He took hold of my hand again. "We're here. We're just waiting for the all clear. We don't want to attract the attention of too many people."

I could only give him a small nod as I slowed my breathing back to a normal pace. This was it. We'd soon find out whether or not that upgrade is any use. I'll be the one to find that out in fact. It'll be during Mike's free hours.

I tried to forget the fact that I'd be in the building alone. Thankfully I heard the doors behind me unlock, and Henry urging us to come out quickly. I was helped out as the van was large, lifted a good few feet off the ground. We hurried into the small building and took time to admire our new workplace.

The wooded floors were thoroughly cleaned and three rows of long benches lined the room. They were place to face an only partially existing stage.

There were workers still building the foundation of the centre of attention, but they knew our situation and the plan for this place. They gave us a kind smile and wave and I couldn't help but wave back. They seemed nice, luckily I'd been told that they will work here when Mike doesn't, so I won't be completely unguarded.

Michael led me towards them, however I was now admiring their work. They'd created a stand for curtains to be placed, and colourful lights lined the back wall. It was so nice. I could see how children love performances set up like this.

A few of the workers introduced themselves and began discussing the layout and maintenance plans. I however, was too in shock to pay any attention until Henry Emily caught up with us.

"I see you've met my friends." He handed over 100 dollars to Michael. "This will get you started and your customers will continue to fill your money jar. As you can see I've had a few things put in place before you got here but I highly doubted you could buy a whole performance stage with that much. Feel free to upgrade every now and then though."

"Thank you sir. We should run over what I need to do before my shift ends." Mike was taken in another direction while I was not invited to tag along.

I sighed nervously before hearing a tapping sound from my shoulder. I turned to my right to see that I was towering over one of the workmen. He was a blonde haired, blue eyes man probably in his twenties. I examined his name tag from a distance for a quick second. Christopher. I waited for him to speak first.

"Hello! I'm Christopher, and I was told I'll be the one to help you out with maintenance, or just keep you company; whatever you need." He had a high pitched voice, it was very welcoming however. He held out a hand I assumed I was meant to shake at this time in conversation.