(FNAF 6) Chapter 12. Mr Emily?

IM SO SO SORRY ITS TAKEN SO LONG!!!!! I've been stressed, busy and unmotivated. Plus I've been suffering from anxiety and depression. But I'm back for now so please enjoy after such a long wait.

Also the last chapter was odd I know. I just needed to expand the book and give me more time to think. Thank you for getting this far.

-----

Zoe came round quite often to the house, and so I was beginning to warm up to her. She didn't seem to mind my concerns, or my actions towards them. I wasn't sure what made me react like a five year old, so, in the end, I just pretended they didn't happen.

It was about 9 in the morning, and we'd all settled in the lounge. Zoe came visiting yet again, playing hide and seek with the five spirits. I was uncomfortably placed on the armchair opposite her, complaining to Mike about whatever came to my robotic mind. I don't think he was listening, so just stopped.

I heard the final number counted by Zoe and watched her get up and over exaggerate the game. She seemed to notice that I had nothing to do and walked up to me.

"Wanna help me find the monsters?" She asked. "You don't seem to have anything better to do. You just look a little bored, and getting up and doing something may make you feel brighter."

I thought about for a few seconds, then replied, "That's probably a good idea." I tossed the TV remote towards Michael and followed Zoe outside the room.

The woman ahead of me was tiptoeing and whispering to get the young spirits excited, while I normally walked down the hall. So that's why they like her so much. Even eight year olds love an adult embarrassing their selves.

Only a few seconds later I heard whispering in the cupboard under the stairs. I took a few steps back and listened in to the little voice.

"Y/n has stabbed us in the back!" The little male voice was talking into something, "Y/n is looking for us, I repeat, y/n is--"

"I can hear you." I chuckled at the sound of the hoover falling behind the door as I assumed I'd made him jump. I opened the wooden door surprising him further. "Found ya Fritz!

"Y/n!" His little white hands were trembling while holding a small walkie talkie, "You made me jump. I thought you were meant to be boring!"

"Thanks for the compliment." I chuckled to myself as I moved on. I assumed that the other four were upstairs, knowing that every other hiding spot was empty.

I tried to silence my heavy footsteps as I walked up the creaky stairs. I liked giving the element of surprise.

Zoe was also up here with Gabriel, who pouted beside her. Kids took this game too seriously. By the looks of things, as in how far down the hallway she was, Susie, Cass and Jeremy were all about to get caught. I tagged along in case she'd missed anyone.

My precautions were probably a good idea. I heard giggling coming from one of the rooms. It was quite loud for me, but Zoe didn't seem distracted by it at all; perhaps I shouldn't have joined in. Having enhanced hearing is just cheating.

But it was too late to back out now. I followed the voices into Mike's room, they're in so much trouble if Mike finds out. Somehow I could tell exactly who I'd cornered.

Before surprising them, I thought of what to say, and processed where they were hiding. They were inside the cupboard of the boiler controls. Are they not too hot in there? Finally I stopped their muttering.

"Don't scream when I find you," the room turned dead silent, "but you may be in a lot of trouble." With that I opened the door and they did exactly what I told them not to.

Their scream was short but damaged my audio processors sending a quick alert to block my vision. What were the chances Mike heard that too?

"Shut up you two!" I yelled at the time of their calls. "Cass, Susie, get out of Mike's room. What were you even doing in here?!"

Susie spoke quickly and excitedly as usual, "we thought that as we're not allowed in here no one would check for us! Did we win?"

"I think Jeremy wins here. But Cass, why did you go along with that? You're meant to be the one with common sense." I muttered the last part hoping she didn't hear.

"First, you can't whisper anymore, Y/n" yup. No more talking to myself. darn it! "Secondly I do have common sense, Susie's idea made sense. With the not getting found part."

I facepalmed before ordering them to go downstairs. We were given the signal of the end of the game as Jeremy let out a cry of annoyance. Someone thought he was well hidden. At least he won't complain about winning.

Even after that wasteful conversation, I accepted that Zoe was right. It does brighten your mood to do something ridiculous and stupid with a bunch of six year olds.

Everyone had gathered at the top of the stairs as the game ended. We were about to head back down as apparently Michael had a prize, but I am clever enough to know that it was just a call for dinner.

However as we were not far from the bottom of the staircase, the house was awakened by a high pitched ring as a silhouette stood at the door.

The spirits sprinted back up the steps on their little legs with me not too far behind. I was curious though. No one ever visits, unless it's Zoe. I hurried behind the banister, leaning over slightly.

I watched Michael equip his mask, to hide his decayed skin, and observed him open the door. With expanding my hearing range I should be able to identify the visitor.

"Hello," Mike also seemed shocked by the arrival. "can I--"

There was a small pause. I couldn't see who's arrived, so I was slightly worried by why Mike cut himself off. I quickly shared his surprise as the not so new character answered.

"It's been a long time Michael." Mr Emily?! "What's with the mask? And is y/n still around?"

"Henry, I certainly wasn't expecting you. What brings you here?"

"I have had quite an opportunity show itself to me and thought you and y/n might be intrigued. May I come in?"

"I uh... I suppose that's not a problem." Mike moved out of the businessman's way while also hiding his hands.

Finally I got a glimpse of Henry. I didn't recognise him by my new memory storage, but from my descriptions of the past he hadn't changed at all. The same suit and tie I believe he had at our first encounter was once again being worn with a new coat to cover it.

"I feel like I should have spoken to you sooner," Henry once again began, "when I employed you I expected we could be good friends. Seriously though, what is with the mask it looks ridiculous?"

"You've unfortunately missed out on quite a lot of chaos we should probably discuss before y/n comes round." Mike chuckled nervously while shutting the door behind them.

"Well will y/n be joining us? As I said I do believe this is in her interest and her expertise."

"She just went out to get some things for dinner, she may return while you're still here." He soon led the way to the living room and the hallway grew silent.

I tried to listen out for them but they were just out of range. Zoe came up to me, using hand signals to remain quiet, offered to go down and eavesdrop. She walked down slowly as I agreed.

What was so important that he came so long after the incident?

Why does this include me?