Chapter 11 The visitor

Please 🙏 don't be angry. This took so long as I was on holiday for 2 weeks. I just returned today so I don't plan to publish more today.

I'm so exhausted, I couldn't do much planning for the rest of the tale so bear with me 😴

Hope this hasn't ruined the experience!

New update 21/11/23

I think some of the previous work I wrote was lost as I looked at this chapter and immediately didn't understand where this new character is coming from so I'll try and add further explanations. 😤

-----

So Mike naturally had invited a long lost childhood friend over to this haunted house as u that was a normal thing that everyone does.

When the door opened, there was so much chatting. I could tell these two had been friends for a long time. I blocked the door to my room, incase I was tempted to leave. I refuse to obey orders. Even if I'd said I may, change of plans!

I don't know why I didn't want Zoe seeing me. Perhaps I was still ashamed by what had happened, or maybe I was just mad that Michael broke the deal to keep quiet about this. Maybe because she'll think I got her friend's insides scooped out! Though I still blame myself occasionally.

I wondered now if I'd ever show myself in front of anyone again. Mike would probably force me to one day. Unless I could scare him into reality.

I heard the devil's voice call up the stairs, "Y/n! Come down please."

"You said I didn't have to!" It was only half an hour ago that we had this discussion! Idiot

"Actually I didn't say anything about that. I didn't expect you to come down then, but I do now."

"Jerk! Leave me alone!"

"Come down please."

"I'm drawing."

"You left your sketchbook down here." I am going to kill him. Probably not literally, mentally.

"I'm busy." That wasn't all a lie, I had picked up my flannel to clean myself off some more. That spot Mike pointed out was really annoying.

"I'll get Zoe to tell everyone about this haunted house."

I hate you so much! I knew he would too. Or... He might... I never know what he'd do and that's what scares me! I unblocked the door and crawled silently on all fours towards the staircase. He'd regret this.

Whenever he forced me to do something in the past, I'd always throw something at him, like bread. Or pencils. Unfortunately for him, I am unarmed.

I heard Zoe speak for the first time, "you don't have to bring her down. I understand if she doesn't want me to see her, after all you've been through." Her voice was quiet, soft and sympathetic.

"Yes but if she does just hide away forever she'll never get used to anything like society again. I'm worried we might not be able to hide forever. Y/n!"

I kept watching, waiting for Mike to move closer. My metal joints creaked as I prepared to attack. He headed towards the staircase, and as he looked up at me I growled and pounced onto him.

I had planned it perfectly. As I stood up and dusted off my hands, Michael was stuck under a now empty fallen cabinet and surrounded by broken or upside down bowls. It was hilarious. He asked for it, and deserved it.

I looked down at him, hands on my hips in triumph, "I'm sorry Mikey, did I embarrass you?"

"Ow..." Was his only reply.