We get to work setting up, and it doesn't take long for everything to be ready, so we have some time for a break before the gates open to the audience.

It's actually been helpful having the Blessed-Cursed members with us, just for the extra set of hands. And for violent gangsters, they actually seem to be having fun.

As far as our troupe know, they're an undercover unit of soldiers. They haven't interacted much, but I've overheard the gossip about what their mission might be. As well as the rumour that Jungwon is dating Jay, which I've denied to anyone who says it.

Whilst we take a rest, I go to sit with one of my friends; a stage hand called Daniel.

We catch up and share some snacks, but then Jay walks past and Daniel sighs, gazing at him dreamily.

"Wow he's so handsome... you said he's not dating Jungwon right? So could you maybe introduce me?"

I try not to roll my eyes again.

Jay is hot I'll give him that, somehow even in the sparkly circus costume he still looks menacing, dark eyeliner accentuating the black of his eyes.

It's a shame he's a raging psycho.

Obviously I can't tell Daniel that, because the Blessed-Cursed leader might actually kill him if he knew.

Besides, Jay really is completely obsessed with Jungwon.

I'm about to tell Daniel not to bother with him, but then I have a thought.

Jungwon absolutely cannot fall for Jay, it'll only end in tragedy and it would be all my fault for encouraging it.

So maybe this the perfect opportunity to put him off.

I turn to Daniel with a smile.

Barely a minute later, I'm dragging him over to Jay, and I'm introducing them.

"Jay! Hey bestie, I just wanted to say you look great today, this is such a cute look for you." I start, like we've been friends for years.

The Blessed-Cursed leader stares at me as if afraid for his life.

I grin even wider and pull Daniel forward more.

"Also, I know you were saying yesterday you'd love to learn more about how the circus runs, so I thought you should meet my friend Daniel; he can tell you all about it." I say enthusiastically.

Jay is frowning in complete and total dumbfounded confusion, I think he might be malfunctioning because his eye twitches.

I bet he doesn't even remember who I am, which only makes it funnier.

He opens his mouth, but I don't give him time to question anything.

"Ok have fun guys!" I say brightly, twirling around and striding away.

I know I can count on Daniel to flirt hard, so now I just need to find Jungwon.

As if summoned by my brain, he appears, entering the main tent and heading my way.

"Sun do you know where-" He starts, but breaks off and stops walking when his eyes settle on the scene behind me.

I glance back over my shoulder and see that Daniel is holding Jay's bandaged arm tenderly in his hands and making a fuss of him.

The Blessed-Cursed leader still looks traumatised, standing frozen in place.

Daniel smiles at him, and even from here it's clear that he's laying the charm on thick.