I wanted her to run away or at least hide but this little girl was not done yet. She silently walked towards Alexander, grabbed his gun hand and twisted it making him scream in pain. She kicked him in the groin without letting go of his hand and he dropped cursing. She left his hand and punched his face and blood started oozing from his nose.

"Oh god!" Zoya said looking at her hand. I was puzzled about what happened then she walked towards me as fast as she could with her shaking legs. She untied my hands with shaky fingers. I wanted to ask her how and why she helped me. But before I could utter a single word she kneeled in front of me.

 She was about to untie my feet when I stopped her grabbing her arms. 

"Don't kneel in front of anyone," I said looking at her. But she was too occupied her eyes fixed my hands which were on her bare arms. 

"Oh sorry," I said pulling his hands away from her. I shouldn't have touched her without her consent. 

"Take this," she whispered taking out a tube of ointment from her pockets and handing it to me "It will help with the bruises."

My heart warmed at her act I was about to say something when I noticed she was having trouble breathing. I quickly untied his legs and rushed towards her but she held her hands stopping me.

"I...am...fine," she said trying to breathe "go...quickly...Your...family...must...be....waiting. Bad...men...will...wake...up...soon."

My heart clenched at her words. How kind and innocent can this girl be? I pulled her towards me and hugged her rubbing circles on her back. I tried to calm her down but somehow I worsened her panic attack and she went limp in my arms.

"Zoya!" I said in a panicked voice "wake up darling. Zoya wake up."

I was patting her cheeks lightly trying to wake her up. I cradled her body gently say good words but nothing worked. I felt tears stinging my eyes. How and why was I so worried about a kid I just met? I don't know but right now only one thing was on my mind; I have to save her. I was about pick her up when there were gunshots. I quickly shielded Zoya's body with mine. After a couple of minutes I heard footsteps and my body tensed.

"Dad!" Lucas's voice made me sigh.

"Lucas," I said in relief and picked Zoya's little body in my arms. My body was aching but I didn't drop her. 

"Who is this?" Lucas asked looking at Zoya's small body in my arms.

"First get her to the hospital," I said walking out of the valley.

I walked towards Lucas's car in a hurry and opened the back door. I sat inside with Zoya in my arms while Lucas sat in the passenger seat. My heart was going haywire. What if something happened to her? No I won't let that happen. I will get the best doctors for her yes. 

I am lost in my thoughts so I don't realise we reached.

"We are here," Lucas said pulling me from my thoughts. He quickly opened the door and quickly got out. 

I ran inside the hospital with Zoya in my arms. 

"Call the doctor!" I shouted looking at the receptionist.

"The doctors are busy," she said ignoring me which fuelled my anger.

"I AM FUCKING ETHAN ANDERSON," I shouted and her eyes widened in surprise "now if something happens to my daughter I will make sure your family doesn't see tomorrow."

In no time a team of doctors arrived with a stretcher. I laid her on it and they pushed the stretcher inside the observation room. I collapsed on the bench outside the room with my head in my palms. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned to see who it was. 

"She will be fine," Lucas said gently and I broke down. 

He hugged me while I cried for the first time in years. The last time I had cried was when Lily went in labour and that was 18 years ago.

"Who is she?" he asked again this time gently.

I told him everything and he listened quietly without interrupting me. 

(A/N: And to all those people who think of Ethan as a childish and weak character: he is crying but that doesn't mean he is weak. And Lucas is the son don't get confused.)

In the suffocating hush of the room, our worry hung thick as the doctor entered.

"How is she?" I stood, desperate for reassurance.

"She's stable now," the doctor replied, her gaze heavy with a sad understanding.

"What happened?" I questioned, brushing aside the unspoken sadness.

"She hadn't eaten for a while," she began, exhaling a heavy sigh. "And she had a severe panic attack. That's why she fainted."

"Why would she have a panic attack?" Lucas's voice cut through the room, breaking his stoic silence.

"Mr. Anderson, may I share something?" The doctor's tone was timid.

"Go on," I said, my pulse quickening.

"The patient... she's been abused," she admitted, her eyes avoiding ours. "There are numerous scars on her body—some recent, some older. I believe she was raped."

"Speak plainly!" Lucas's voice turned cold, causing the doctor to flinch.

"She risked her life," she whispered, as if afraid of the truth. "Her body recoils from physical touch, triggering the panic attack."

"Leave," Lucas commanded, and the doctor hurriedly exited. "Inform us when she wakes up."

"She risked everything," I muttered, a mix of disbelief and anger swirling within me. "For what? Why?"

"Lucas," I said pulling myself together "Get me every bit of information about her. Her name is Zoya."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How is the chapter? 

What do you think about the characters?

Any suggestions?

TARGET FOR NEXT CHAPTER : 2 COMMENTS.

Love
Laxmi