Chapter 4: The Letter

Sierra stared at the letter for a long time, not daring to open it. Suddenly this strange urge from the back of her mind was telling her to open it. She felt like if she opened the letter, something good would finally happen to her and her brothers. She slowly walked into the living room whilst staring at her letter, not daring to take her eyes off it. As she handed Vernon his letters and passed the other letters to her brothers, that was when she started to tear it open. That was, until the fat pig ruined it all. 

"Woah! Lily got a letter! Dad, Lily got a letter, and so did Harry and Maxipad!" Dudley suddenly called to his father. Sierra shot him a glare at the use of her middle name. Harry and Max looked up too and hid their letters. But Sierra just stood still. She could see Max was flustered at Dudley calling him Maxipad. He had gotten that nickname from him for no possible reason, except that he despised Max more than Sierra and Harry.

"What do you mean, they have a letter?" Vernon asked his son gruffly. 

"Its true! There hiding it!" Dudley replied. 

"Let me see!" And suddenly, he snatched the letters from each of their hands. As soon as he saw the letters he and Petunia froze. Suddenly, Petunia shoved Harry, Max, Sierra and Dudley out of the room and shut the door behind them. All four of the children had a quick glance at each other and started shoving each other to hear what they were saying. 

"Ouch! Si, your stepping on my foot!" Harry whispered. 

"Jeez! I'm just trying to spy on their conversation", Sierra whispered back. 

"Guys shush!" Max whisper-yelled. 

"Can I listen?" Dudley timidly whispered. 

"NO!" The triplets yelled at the same time. Suddenly all four stopped talking and started listening. 

"But they can't possibly know where they sleep!" Petunia's timid voice could be heard.

"There dangerous! Those people. They want to manipulate them. We won't let them be like their horrid parents. Your sister was a bad egg!" Vernon replied. Petunia frowned for a second, before nodding. 

"Well we'll just have to move them to Dudley's second bedroom. I'm sure Dudley wouldn't mind", Petunia concluded. Vernon huffed before getting up to tell the triplets. Dudley frowned at these words. 

"Why do I have to give up my second bedroom? I need that room!" Dudley asked the triplets. 

"Bro, who on Earth needs a second bedroom?" Sierra asked sarcastically. Suddenly, the doorknob clicked and all four children scattered. Dudley went to his room while the other three ran to their cupboard and pretended to be talking, when Vernon opened their door. He pretended to try and smile timidly. 

"Right, move out! Your having Dudley's second bedroom." He said, still gruffly. Did he ever talk normally. And he considers himself normal. 

"Why?" Sierra pretended to whine. "Why now?" 

"Because we FEEL like you three are growing big for this cupboard." He told them through clenched teeth. Reluctantly the three got their stuff and moved into the bedroom, much to the dismay of their cousin. 

-----------

Thirty minutes later, the three had set themselves up in their new bedroom but looked around gloomily. They would've given anything yesterday to be having this room, but today they wanted to be in their cupboard. Why did they have to open their letters in the living room. They should have gone into their cupboards. And the Dursleys were being pretty suspicious too. What did they know about their parents? 

"This is your fault you know?" Max scolded his sister. 

"My fault?!" Sierra shrieked. 

"Yes! If you had just waited till, we got to our cupboard to open them... but no! You had to open it right in front of the Dursleys. You know what their like!" Max replied, half-yelling. Sierra hung her head. It was true, if she had just waited till, they got away from the Dursleys, they wouldn't have gotten their letters taken away, and something good would've happened. 

"Ugh, you're such a troublemaker Sierra!" Max said. 

"Well, at least I'm not some BOOKWORM!" Sierra replied. Max looked outraged. 

"Sierra Lily Potter, you-"

"Cut it out Max!" Sierra looked up and sure enough, Harry had stuck up for her again. She could always rely on Harry to back her up. And he could rely on her. They were more like best friends rather than siblings. As for Max, well...

"Just because she made a mistake, you blame her!" Harry yelled at his brother. 

"But I had a good feeling, ok? Don't blame me if I'm sick of the Dursleys. Cause you are too!" Max told Harry, whilst pointing at him.  

"You're such a snob!  You just don't admit when you've done something wrong!" Harry yelled back. 

"Oh! So, I'm not allowed to tell you guys something. Of course, everyone obviously leaves the BOOKWORM out! What am I, a next-door Neighbour? All I've been trying to do was help, but you guys take it the wrong way!" Max screamed at his siblings. 

That was when they knew, they had taken it too far. Max stomped up and went to bed, leaving Harry and Sierra standing there.