Chapter 2: Triplets Who Lived

On small tight mattress, in a small dark cupboard under the stairs, lay three figures. One of them was dark haired with messy black hair while the others were redheads. Sierra and Harry had their mothers green eyes, while Max had his fathers hazel eyes. All three of them wore glasses.  The three figures were sound asleep, till their horrid Aunt Petunia woke them up. "WAKE UP! GET UP YOU LAZY IGNORANT CHILDREN!" 

"You don't have to yell! We can hear you from the door!" Harry yelled back, whilst fumbling for his glasses. Eventually, the three got dressed, and headed into the kitchen for breakfast. And by that, they mean making breakfast for the fat family of pigs. Dudley was almost twice the size of his father, and their aunt and uncle called him an angel. But the triplets called him a pig. Dudley ate so much, and he hated sports. That is, except punching something. His favorite punchbag was Harry, as he was the smallest, but that usually made him harder to punch. 

When they finished making breakfast, they were disappointed to find out that the Dursleys had gobbled it all up, leaving a tiny bit for them. After eating their small breakfast, and hiding under the table before Dudley could have a tantrum about how many presents he got, the triplets reluctantly came back up when Petunia walked into the dining room clutching her phone. "Bad luck Vernon. Mrs. Figg just called. She can't take the triplets today; she's broken her ankle." 

"Why don't we leave them with Marge?" Uncle Vernon replied gruffly, while glaring at the three, as though this was their fault. 

"NO! You know she hates them!" Petunia replied. After half an hour later, of talking and arguing, they finally came to a decision. 

"I want no funny business while we are at the zoo. Or it will be the last time you come out of that cupboard." Uncle Vernon said as he dragged the three to the side. 

"Ok Uncle Vernon", the three replied in unison, much to the dislike of their uncle. The trip to the zoo was mostly uneventful. But when they got there, it was actually quite fun. They walked all around the zoo and stopped for lunch at the cafe. But Harry, Max and Sierra should have known the day was too good to last. When they got to the reptile section, after seeing the snake, Dudley and his friend went with his parents to get milkshakes, leaving the triplets behind. 

"Sorry about that. He doesn't know what its like, to be stuck in a cage, with people looking at you and having no way to escape", Harry whispered, to the snake. Suddenly the snake started to sit up. 

"Thatsss ok, my friendsss". 

"What was that?" Sierra and Max asked at the same time. 

"I think its the snake, but snakes can't talk", Harry replied.

"Where are you from?" Sierra asked the snake. The snake pointed to a sign on the glass that said Brazil. 

"Was it nice there?" Max asked, before he realised the snake had never been to Brazil. Suddenly things took a twist. Dudley and his friend had suddenly come running at the snake after seeing what it was doing and had punched Harry and Max in the side unexpectedly. They both lay on the ground. Suddenly, Sierra found herself getting pushed to the ground near her brothers. As Dudley and his friend were tapping their fingers on the glass, it suddenly vanished and the two fell into the cage and the snake came slithering out. It was utter pandemonium, as people ran screaming away from the snake, which stopped right beside the triplets who had barely stopped laughing when Vernon glared at them. "Thanksssss", it said. 

Back home, as the triplets got out of the car, Vernon grabbed each of them by the hair and dragged them to their cupboard. "Tell me what you did there!" He yelled in their ears. 

"We didn't do it! It was almost like magic!" Harry replied whilst straining. Suddenly Vernon threw the kids into their cupboards not caring how hard. 

"There's no such thing as magic".