Chapter Five

Skylor's P.O.V:

It's been a month since I started here at NCHS and it's definitely been going. I've grown closer to Nya, Vania and Harumi. And I guess with the boys too. Cole and I get along pretty well, chatting about things varying from school to crushes. Kai follows me around like a smoking hot puppy dog. Sure, yeah, he flirts with me but Nya informed me that Kai Smith flirts with everyone. The others are neither my enemies or my friends, more like indifferent.

We've gone to way too many parties to be considered safe at our ages and we've only been in school for four weeks. And honestly, the weirdest part is how my Dad wants me to go to all of these parties. Like sure, I'm old enough and more mature than most of the kids my age but he used to be so strict on the island.

Throughout the month many things had happened. I made the lacrosse team, which is amazing considering that the girls who tried out were absolutely amazing! What is with this school and producing fnomnial athletes? Like Kai, for instance. He is... he is just so amazing. Yes, I know he is probably just messing with my feelings but honestly, is that such a bad thing if it's Kai?

What am I thinking? Of course it's bad, even if it's Kai.

"So, sleepover at my place?" Vania suggests as the four of us girls meet at Harumi's car. Luckily, all four of our sports followed a relatively similar schedule so we were more or less finished at the same time. "Friday, maybe?"

"Not Friday," Nya appolagised, blushing profusely. "I'm working on a project at a classmate's house. Saturday, maybe?"

"I'm free all weekend." I inform them. Harumi nods in agreement so Vania pulls out her phone and sends a quick text off to her parents, presumably. I look over at my best friend to see her smiling widely at her phone, her face flushing slightly as she taps away a text.

Of course, you didn't have to be a genius to figure out who Nya was texting with. That giddy little smile was only used with one person in particular, Jason Walker, or Jay as Nya has pressured me to call him.

He had asked for her number in the third class they had together, of course so they could work on the project together but we both know that that wasn't the only reason. And I also know they have been texting way too often to be for their project.

I had no idea how Kai could hate someone that made his sister feel such happiness. Of course, he didn't know about that but are he and his sister really that different? I don't think so. I also know that I don't have the full story, and even if it isn't my business, I'm going to figure out what it is.

Vania and Nya climb into the back of Harumi's car as Kai comes running out the school, presumably coming from his locker after his hockey practice. Hopefully that means the hot head has blown off some steam. He smiles brightly at us before walking over to the passenger door, opening it. Nya looks at him in confusion.

"I'm gonna drive Sky home," Kai announced happily.

"You are?" Nya and I asked, both with very different tones. Nya glanced over at me and rolled her eyes before shrugging.

"Don't pull anything Kai, she will not be one of your victims."

"Promise," Kai swore, grabbing my hand and taking my athletic bag from my other hand and walking me the three feet to his car before opening the door for me. If you didn't know the situation you might think this was a date.

But it's not a date.

Just a friend driving home another friend - though, he should've driven home his sister. Okay, this might be a little weird but... he called me Sky. And sure, all the others call me that but it coming out of his rough but gentle voice makes me feel funny.