Chapter Three

Harumi's P.O.V:

A soft sigh escaped as I walked around my empty house. It was Nya's birthday party today and I suggested that we have the party at my place so her parents don't get mad if anything gets left there. Nya doesn't drink much at parties anyway, one and done sorta thing but Kai drinks everything and anything. Most of us do but Nya doesn't. I guess she's the only mature one in our group.

I walk outside into our backyard, putting anything expensive I find inside and locked up safely. Same with anything breakable from inside. My father might be a shitty dad but he cares that his house is in tacked.

"Another party?" Speak of the devil. I turn around to face my father and nod softly. "What is this one for?"

"Nya's birthday party. I told you this," I told him. "I asked both you and Mom for permission. You both said yes."

"Ahh, yes." He nodded, turning around and grabbing his keys from the bowl by the door. "Your Mother and I are staying in a hotel tonight. Just wrap things up by four and clean up a bit. And please, no noise complaints this time."

"We'll keep the music low enough." I agree. He nodded, seemingly proud. Not with me, he's never proud of me. He is proud of his parenting - which, FWI, is not good parenting. Good parents try to make sure your kid isn't throwing parties and drinking underaged.

"Then your Mother and I will be off, that is, as soon as she's ready." Father sighs, tapping his foot impatient as I enter the kitchen to prepare the drinks and set everything up. When Mom comes down Dad pushes her out the door and into the car.

About twenty minutes later I hear Kai's clunky truck pull up and smile. Nya borrowed Kai's car to drive herself and Vania over so we can get ready here. Kai will be catching a ride with Cole. I hear the door open and my best friends walk in with starbuck. Nya grins at me and hands me my usual order when she spots me.

"The place looks great."

"Very not breakable." Vania adds with a nod as I laugh. "It's a shame Skylor couldn't come over earlier to get ready with us."

We had invited Skylor to come over but she turned down our offer, claiming she had to help her Dad in his shop. I'm pretty sure she just feels uncomfortable around us which I totally understand. But just because I understand doesn't mean it makes me feel better.

"She was busy." Nya brushed off. I don't think Nya is very fond of Skylor so far, I also think that they'd be best friends if they actually talked. "By the way, Rumi, I am totally stealing your clothes tonight."

"Yeah, no problem. Just keep whatever you take, call it an extra birthday present." I hummed, walking up the stairs with my friends following. Once we get to the second floor and enter my bedroom I fall back onto my bed. Nya grins as she opens the doors to my walk in closet. "Just stay away from the stuff I normally wear."

"Noted." Nya laughs, entering the closet and exiting a few minutes later in a baby blue tight mini dress. It worked for her far more than it did for me. "How about this?"

"Umm, so fucking cute!" Vania squealed, running into my closet and pulling out my blue jewelry box. I have one for every colour of the rainbow including black, white, gold and silver. She grabbed a silver double chained necklace with blue butterflies scattered across out of the box and handed them to Nya. "This necklace, that dress and your hair down - slightly wavy but not curled."

"Van," I laughed softly as she styled Nya. "Have you ever thought about getting into fashion, you have an eye for it."

"I have but I'm not sure. I don't have much experience." Vania sighs, looking down. "Plus, I don't think I really fit the vibe, you know?"