Chapter 5 - Part 8 (Book 1 - Fantasy World)

"This place... I can not believe that it was created by these humans," Queen spoke through their shared connection.

Giggling at Queen's words, "What gave it away? The lack of any supporting pillars?"

While listening to the women talk, already knowing it would devolve into a fight, Han pulled his attention away from the female students. Just as something obvious wasn't noticed until it was mentioned, hearing Queen's words made him unconsciously realize that something hadn't felt natural about their surroundings. His eyes slowly scanned the ceiling, searching for the supporting pillars that would typically exist in such a massive, empty space. Even if the top was slightly curved to create a semi-dome that would help to bear the load, something of this size not having something to keep the ceiling from collapsing defied common sense. The lack of pillars created a sense of surrealness, the mind subconsciously understanding the weight above their heads.

Queen ignored Brittany's comment, "To see something as grand as this, which could be seen as attempting to rival our Creator, makes me curious who built this location." She continued her train of thought.

"I have a similar thought. A minor desire to understand who could have built this place if it was not our Creator," Helania brushed back her obsidian hair that shined from the sun that rained down on them. The motion caused some of her hair to cascade smoothly down her entire back like a gentle stream. "But I only hope that the answer would provide some entertainment."

Queen grinned, "Hearing your words, I can see how you may be far more extreme compared to Brittany. Though she displays it so anyone can witness how she adores the one who stands above all and created us, I suspect that you may, at a minimum, rival Brittany's unrestrained desire to capture our Creator for herself." She raised an eyebrow slowly and lowered her voice, a slight smile emerging, "You may even surpass her emotions."

Hearing them talk about how much they wanted to monopolize him for themselves caused his cheeks to warm slightly, with him unfamiliar with such public declarations of love for someone like himself.

As though emerging from the fog of his memories, he could hear the faint sound of a breeze and the familiar sounds of a park. His thoughts drifted back to her and how her smile and eyes would sometimes peek through her blonde hair that glittered as the sun shone through them whenever she'd turn her attention to him while they would walk outside.

"Han, how am I so lucky that I met you? You'll still love me when I get old, right?" Her voice echoed in his mind.

The world around him vanished, and Han was transported to that day when they would walk together with their fingers interlinked -- embracing the peaceful moment after a long day. Able to enjoy one another's company even if for a brief moment. His body felt slightly weary from the long, endless hours at the office. The fatigue, a constant weight of needing to succeed to build a future for both of them.

"She often talked about wanting a house that had a white picket fence that would allow us to have a dog to keep our future kids company," Han thought as he smiled back at her.

Images slowly worming in, a slow and dull ache expanded inside his chest. Even back then, there were things that he had to actively disregard. The phone that would be quickly returned to its holder when he arrived from work earlier than expected. Her smile that twitched at the corners and the flash of guilt across her face, which he often misinterpreted as her feeling bad about how hard he worked for her. And his feelings of happiness when she would walk towards him before she steered him to the couch.

"I know that you must be exhausted. Just sit here and watch something while I make your favorite dish." She would then move close. Her lips lacked the usual warmth as they pressed against his cheek.