Episode 14

Jaipur

India

Rajvansh Shiva Kali temple 

It was a traditional norm for royalty to surrender before clergymen. Thus the weary Rathore King and Queen obediently sat cross legged on floor. The red dhoti and janeu of decrepit astrologer promised his timeless wisdom. His crow feet crinkled up as he smiled after performing calculations on horoscope. "Kunwar sa will join this puja."

Sanjay in spite of wearing a hopeful yellow kurta hesitated. Nonetheless he expressed his disappointment. "Rudra has refused though."

Janhvi glanced at him, then back at the ancestral astrologer, generations serving the royal lineage. Her auspicious red saree had been dulled by the vibrancy of amber red sunset rays filtering in garbha griha. "Maharaja is expressing our doubts rajguru. Kunwar has no plans of joining the festivity."

The sagely man smiled mysteriously. "It is his destiny." He inhaled a long breath in. "The time has arrived." Raising his chin, the tips of his silver bush beard almost falling down to his skinny ribs, he declared ardently. "Prepare to host the eldest this puja."

Janhvi retreated in her sober quietude while Sanjay pursed his lips, deep in thought. The couple turned to one another. Nothing less of a miracle could make their stubborn son relent. 

The onyx black Kali laden by crimson kumkum across them, witnessed the events unfolding. Five hundred years ago, she was a mere shadow behind the one, fiery eyes casting the sin and its redemption. 

"I-I beg your f-forgiveness Devi! Show the redemption for m-my one, not karma for you have casted him in one."

"Bring me from the east to west, should the sin be redeemed, 

should the curse be ceased." 

And now, it was time to initiate the cycle of curse. 

Of her devotees.

Author's note: I know the episode was quite short but I hope you will understand

Author's note: I know the episode was quite short but I hope you will understand. Till then munch on bits of mystery fed to you.