Episode 5

Mumbai 

India

Rudra couldn't stop himself even if he wanted to. His heart was beating frantically, every breath alerting him to an unknown but pleasant fluttery sensation in his chest. He could only clutch the warm arm tighter, afraid the electrical magic in the brown orbs would fade away if he dared to move. Those fiery eyes seemed just as tranced as him. The intoxicating scent of jasmines propelled him to move closer to the shorter male. He breathed in as deeply as he could while maintaining the soul captivating gaze.

Incense.

The divine scent of incense drowned Rudra in the air. It was electrifying yet soothing to his aching heart. A balm to an aching sensation.

Someone cleared their throat.

Abruply, it shattered the trance and he pushed away the man. Kabir supported him out of instinct. A flaring anger passed through Rudra at the sight of someone else closer to him. He wanted to laugh bitterly at his own absurd thoughts. Instead he marched past the dazed man. Rudra could exactly describe his features. Slender but masculine face, defined nose and cheekbones, black hair naturally messy in a boyish manner and fierce eyes. Those eyes had so much light that...Rudra was blinded by them!

"I'll be back. Take one turn to left and you'll be fine."

Kabir's voice reached through him over the daze and sound of rushing blood in his ears. No one could tell how shaken the CEO was. He appeared as cold and ruthless as he was.

"Kunwar-sa are you alright?" Kabir fell in steps with him. Losing control over himself, demanding curiosity overcame Rudra as he whipped around to catch the fleeting glance of the stranger. He awakened the energy in him. There was no other way to describe something powerful and hot rising somewhere in the back of his mind. He called it, echoes reverberating.

Everything turned a never ending ocean of darkness. There was absolutely nothing in it except for waves of darkness!

"Kunwar-sa?"

A hand waved before his vision. Rudra blinked off the shock. This was not common. Never ever had he came across someone whose past life was merely blank before him.

The confusion turned to frustration at his helplessness. Kabir must had noticed it because he involuntarily stepped back.

His narrowed eyes were almost darkening like mysterious black holes of rage, along with his clenched jaw ticking a nerve.

This was impossible!

"Who is he?"

Kabir hesitantly glanced at the empty space in the corridor where the young man had been, and then back at Rudra.

"A new transfer, Bhavani Agrawal. Has he offended you? Should I ask Abhinav sir to fire him?"

Rudra stiffly shook his head. He needed to compose himself before things went out of hands, and he would be demanding answers from a clueless man.

"Send him to my office as soon as possible," He ordered crisply and turned around. He needed to re-establish the connection between himself and the gift and try to search for his past life again.

"He's not—"

"Do as I say. Use any excuse, fake anything but I need him before my desk asap."

Kabir shut his mouth and hastily nodded at that. Soon his dad's secretary brisk walked in opposite direction of the disappeared guy.

Bhavani.