Episode 12

Mumbai 

India

Idiot.

Idiot.

Idiot.

Rudra grabbed a fistful of hair in embarrassment. If only he had a time machine to reverse events of hours ago, he could had prevented himself from scribbling that stupid note.

He looked up.

The sight of his disheveled reflection, of sweat glistening on his face, of dark tank top sticking to his skin, greeted him.

Those forbidden urges violated his mind again.

Droplets of rain, a sort of tempting nectar was gliding down chapped lips of the figure he was carrying inside. Could he taste the sweetness a bit?

Rudra exhaled through his nose, shoulders hunched in defeat. He convinced himself how he was a very straight male not going to act on those sinful desires. But in a moment, resistance was proved useless when those memories tempted him again.

Were those lips as soft as they had appeared to be? And how would they be in between his rough fingers?

Rudra laid back on velvety sheets. His crossed arms cushioned the back of his head.

Who was Bhavani to Ganga? Why did he arouse desires in him meant for Ganga only? Had they shared a past? Then why was (she)he undiscovered? Was it the reason why Ganga had not entered his life yet?

The later hours of night went by as a feverish dream of connecting dots of their mysterious but probably shared past, and contemplating on forbidden desires. 

***

In a black SUV tucked deep in the blue lit parking garage, Abhinav observed the motionless limousine from an unsuspecting distance. He casually glanced at the silver strapped wristwatch.

05:31 PM

He caught a glimpse of his reflection in the driving mirror. His exhaustion confirmed by unbuttoned ivory shirt, messed hair and sluggish gaze, could nothing to dim his excitement. A mischievous grin erupted on his face.

He would catch his brother red handed and send the pictures to their mother. She had a right to be informed of who her future daughter in law would be. However, his brother was getting late for the supposed date. The old man would lose his dream girl way before he could win her over.

Abhi called Priya. "Hey Priya, can you update me bhaiya's schedule? When he'll be heading down?"

"I am afraid Mr. Abhinav but your brother left the office an hour ago."

"Nice humour Priya. Tell me, when is he heading down?"

"I'm not lying sir. He left at 4:17, granting me an early leave for my appointment."

He wanted to curse at his brother for betraying his trust. "Okay uhm...thank you for updating me and I uh... apologise for intruding."

"I know you meant no harm. Have a nice evening Abhi sir."

"Same to you Priya." The call hung up.

A haunting silence settled in. The stinging vines of betrayal caged his heart. Mahabharata was—A ping sound resonated in the awkward silence. He clicked on the notification. It was a message. 

"Don't be melodramatic. On side note, go and enjoy your cheat meal in refrigerator."

Unwillingly of course, his mood lit up. "Cheat meal?"

"Gobble it down like a monster you're before I call Prithvi."

He huffed as he typed back a response, sulking. "Next time this alone won't be enough. 😤"

His expectant gaze was transfixed on the blue screen.

"Should I call Prithvi or Mum? Better yet Dad."

His eyes rolled up. "It's tyranny. 🙄"

"My dharma."

"It's violation of human rights."

"You a human?"

"Duck you."

"Dodge the fork flying at you."

"I'll tell mom about your S.E.C.R.E.T."

"What secret?"

"You think I'm a fool? 😏 I know about your dateeeeeeeeeee."

"In your dreams kid."

"Oh you didn't ditch me for a woman then?🧐"

"No."

Abhinav leaned forward, his nose almost touching the screen in furious typing."For a man?"

"Are you drunk?"

"I don't like someone else taking my spot. I'm the pampered prince A.K.A your baby brother. I should be your biggest priority. Weren't you days ago, claiming how you're the oldest blah blah blah so you will raise me up blah blah blah? Then give me the attention I deserve!"

"....."

Bitter jealousy had risen to its brim."I need 'words' Mr. Rudradev Rathore."

"No one's taking your place. You're precious to me in your own way. I love...whatever."

"Why complicated lines bro? You hiding something?"

"I'm gonna drive now."

"No. C.O.N.F.E.S.S."

"Bye."

If not for the bribe of cheat meal, Abhinav would had screamed like a brat he was. It was clear who had lost the arguement. One more notification worsened his mood.

He deflated.

Work emails.