Kai Ai Ai

Hoothoot was flying ahead of Gary, but not losing his Trainer. As the sun continued lowering, his eyes were letting off bright red light through the darkening woods as a precaution, his Foresight making sure everything was as it should be.

Gary knew that finding this Fairy Gym might involve tricks and illusions, and didn't want a repeat of his journey to Obsidian City in the Kanto region when trying to get his very first Badge, where he had been stuck in a forest full of monsters and terrors that ended up being illusions from Ghost type Pokemon.

Electivire and Charizard were following behind Gary.

The environment was actually kind of hostile.

Charizard was grumbling and growling.

Electivire was vocally snapping and chuckling. He might have even been taunting Charizard.

If so, Charizard wasn't taking it well, his breathing resulting in fire coming out in more and more of his breaths.

Electivire wasn't intimidated in the slightest, grinning and showing his teeth.

Gary had told them over and over to relax, but he didn't expect things to be easy. In fact, he had purposely sent them out to see if he could get them to get along, or at least not attack each other unless he ordered it. So far, the two hadn't fought, but just how much longer that would last was uncertain, and it had Gary on edge. If he could trust that they would only fight on his command, he'd be fine. But not knowing if they'd snap, especially with the hot-headed Charizard having Electivire pushing him on purpose, was giving the child anxiety.

Things were getting louder between the two.

Electivire's body was sparking, his fur ruffled and on edge, looking more irritated and ready to fight.

Charizard was heaving hard. He wasn't exhausted or anything, but he was so worked up, and had no release after all of the agitation. He was dying to let loose.

There was a sudden noise.

Gary froze, along with the two Pokemon behind him and Hoothoot ahead. Something new? Gary wondered. A Pokemon?

The sound continued, and soon, a rock was shown tumbling, finally stopping.

Gary breathed out. "Just a rock. But maybe there's something out there that kicked it, though. A Trainer?" He walked over to the rock and stared through the trees, trying to see anything.

With a cry, a little creature tumbled out of the trees from a higher landing. It landed on its back, breathing hard.

Gary gasped, everyone staring at the animal in disbelief.

The little creature had blood all over its body from severe cuts and injuries. It looked as if the thing might even die right in front of them!

"Hoooot!" Hoothoot determinedly flew over to the injured creature and shined his light on it.

It cried out but barely moved, its head giving weak twitches.

"HEY!" Gary ran over, shooing away Hoothoot. "Cut it out!"

Hoothoot's red beams turned off as he cawed out shrilly and ascended, flapping to stay in the air.

"It's real!" Gary insisted as he knelt down by the little green thing that whined some more. It's speaking the same word, Gary realized. It's saying its name! This has to be a Pokemon. What should I do?

He grabbed a Poke Ball and froze, remembering back in Kanto when he and June had found an injured Barboach on a beach with the late Prof. Cozmo. Back then, I was scolded for sending an injured Pokemon back to the Lab. But - it did save Barboach. Besides, there's nothing else I can do! Shakily, hesitantly, he tried to find a clear spot on the Pokemon's body. When he finally accepted that there was none, he tapped it gently on its bloody shoulder, pulling the creature in with a red beam.