iii. Misunderstanding

♡˗ˏ✎*ೃ˚ :Chapter three: :;

"She's strong, but she's exhausted"

Binna finds herself in possession of a concert ticket she never asked for. A gift from Cheong-ah, who received it from Se-kyung, Binna contemplates giving it away as she has no interest in. With no intention of going herself, Binna gave the ticket to Yi-chan. But that had happened a few days ago and Se-kyung was now gone, she had gone to study abroad and perhaps would never return.

Cheong-ah was caught off guard by the unexpected news because she had created a very unexpected friendship with Se-kyung, and Binna couldn't help but felt bad for her sister.

When Binna left the ice cream parlor where Lee Chan worked, something peculiar caught her attention. His downcast expression and the fleeting moment of connection they shared as their shoulders grazed left her with a lingering curiosity. Yet she continued on her way, not caring enough about what was happening to him.

Although Lee Chan unexpectedly emerges before her, his intense gaze and grave countenance causing her heart to skip a beat.

"You remember me, right?" Yi-chan asked, pointing to himself. Binna nodded slowly, unsure of what was about to happen. Holding up a ticket, he questioned,"This. Did you give this to me?" Binna nodded hesitantly once again, her eyes following his movements as he pocketed the ticket and revealed a small piece of paper "You wrote this, too?" he asked, showing her the letter she hadn't noticed. Just as she reached for it, he pulled his hand away "Why? I'm asking you why you wrote a fake letter to screw me over? Do you think I'm a joke? Did you find me pathetic for pursuing the goddess of Seowon Arts High school when I'm just a commoner? Is that why you made fun of me? Is that why you screwed me over? If so, congratulations. It was a huge success. Thanks to you, Se-kyung thinks I'm a total loser. Are you happy now? Answer me. You should answer when someone's talking to you. Are you happy now!?"

Binna shrugged her shoulders, he really seemed angry and she didn't really know why. His rapid-fire words left her perplexed and unable to grasp the full extent of his frustration. As a pang of inexplicable sorrow tugs at her heart, she decided to turn around and leave.