Future Chapter Preview: Spirits

Solar Note: This is a preview of a much later chapter. I figured I would give readers a taste of what to expect since I haven't really been updating this work (I've thought ahead, though. I just need to push myself to actually write it)

*Tasunke*

I closed my eyes and pulled my arm back as Arima reached out to grab me by the arm.

"A-are you okay? I chased away the ghosts."

I shivered. "S-sorry... I am still a little shaken." And honestly, ghosts mages kind of scared me too, but I didn't wanna tell her that. Not when she was being nice enough to stay back and care for me.

She sat down next to me on the floor. "Scared of ghosts?"

I turned away. "S-something like that. You see, when I was little..."

***

[Ten years ago]

"Mommy, can I stay with Sunke?" Big Bro asked, glancing at Mommy as she called the school.

"No, Shunke, you are fine. I can care for Sunke." She smiled. "I am his mommy after all." She raised the phone back to her mouth. "Sorry about that. My other rugrat was asking me if he could stay home tonight too. Isn't he precious? Eh? You think he just wants to skip school? Hmm, I guess." She glanced at my brother suspiciously.

Big brother giggled nervously. He sighed. "I'll go get my backpack..." He glanced at me. "Take care, little bro!"

I smiled slightly. Tashunke could be selfish at times, but I knew he did care for me.

I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep. At first, my sleep was nice, despite my occasional coughs. But then, I started feeling hands on my legs.

I grumbled. "Big bro! I thought you went with Mommy!" I opened my eyes but saw nothing.

I blinked. Had I imagined stuff? I had heard Papa say something about fever hallucinations before. But, I didn't think mine was that bad yet...

I turned and closed my eyes. My eyes shot open as I felt the blankets getting yanked on.

"B-big bro? Mommy! Are you and Tashu pranking me again?!"

I yelped as the windows started to shake. It must've been very windy outside...

I gulped and hid under my blankets. Mommy! I want my mommy and Big Bro! Papa would do too, but I knew he at work right now.

The sound of chalkboard scratching sent shivers down my spine. I felt a finger on my back. "Tashu, stop! If it's you, this isn't funny!"

I opened my eyes and saw purplish glowing lights outside of my blankets. W-wah? This had to be a dream, right? I closed my eyes and laughed to myself. Y-yeah, it had to be.

I flinched as I started to hear wailing. The purple glowing stuff began to swirl overhead. W-what kind of magic was this? As far as I knew, Tashu couldn't control ghosts, nor could Mommy.

"Wahh!" I cried.

"Gi-Give!" the voice said. "Give us your body!"

I yelped as the purple things passed through my blanket.

"L-leave me alone!" I yelled, repealing them with my magic. But it didn't work. They were actually pulled toward me. W-what?

The voices snickered. It felt like several needles poked my body as the specters tried to break through my prana barrier. They were draining it. Did they like Yin prana? Was that why my magic didn't work?

"M-Mommy! D-Daddy! B-Big Bro!" I said, holding a hand out. Great Wahkanian spirits. S-someone, save me! Please!

"Tas! I'm back!" Mommy yelled as the front door opened.

The spirits became angsty, pushing against one another as they tried to enter my body.

"M-mommy," I barely managed to say as I began to foam at the mouth.

My body began to convulse as the door began to open.

"Tas?" Mommy said as she walked in. She gasped. "Tas!!" She ran over and picked me up, but the malevolent spirits weren't letting go of me.

I raised a hand toward her face, before passing out.