Chapter 7

Play

The sun was still sleeping when I woke up the next day. It was the same routine, every single day. Meditation, yoga, chanting my mantra.

But, today was different. I was going on a date with someone. And not just with anyone.

"You're finally going out with Logan? Girl, paano mo siya napapayag?"" Jillian exclaimed, palms over her face. Parang mas excited pa siya kaysa sa akin.

Shrugging, I flipped my long hair and smiled. "Basta. I just did."

Jillian placed both her hand over my shoulders. "This is it! He has to fall for you really hard and then dump him!"

Suddenly, I remembered I had to do that plan. Kailangan ko nga palang sundin ang plano because if not, I wouldn't be able to become the president of the Theater Society and the girls would be mad at me.

I looked at myself in the mirror once again to check my makeup. I made sure na natural-looking ang makeup ko ngayon para hindi na ito mapansin ng Maxwell na 'yon.

My hair was tied up in a ponytail with strands of hair framing the sides of my face to hide my chubby cheeks. On top of that, I had to wear a puff sleeve floral baby blue dress, not too short and not too long, just like how Logan would like it.

"Perfect!" Jillian complimented as she touched the bun on top of my head. "Except for this. Mas gusto ni Logan 'yong nakalugay ang buhok."

I arched a brow. "Did he say that?"

Jillian tilted her head. "I know him more than you do, honey."

"Fine." I combed my long hair once again to fix it. Akala ko mas magugustuhan niya kapag nakataas ang buhok ko. But, Jillian was right. She knew him more than I did, so I just had to trust her word for it.

"Ano? May reply na ba?" Jillian asked for the nth time. She really seemed more ecstatic than I was.

Checking my phone, the only messages I got were from mom, who was reminding me of my facial appointment on Saturday.

"Wala pa rin siyang text. Is he really like this?" I frowned as I turned back to Jillian.

The girl nodded beside me. "Unfortunately."

I stood up from my seat, fixing the edge of my dress. "That's it. San ko siya hahanapin?"

"Are you really going to look for him? Hintayin mo nalang siya!" Jillian told me off. "A girl is supposed to wait for his date to pick her up."

I shook my head in disagreement. "I'm too impatient to wait for someone who doesn't even reply back."

"Pero, Bee-"

Hindi ko na pinakinggan pa ang sasabihin ni Jillian. I walked out of the dressing room of our building and marched my way to the first place I could think of. He was probably in the field right now.

I could feel all eyes staring at me as I dragged myself towards the open field. True enough, may mga players na nagkalat doon and I was pretty sure, Logan Maxwell was one of them.

Habang papalapit ako sa field, I could already see his jersey number from a distance. Number 17. Is this his lucky number or something?

"Miss, naliligaw ka ba?" A guy teased as soon as I stepped into the field.

I ignored him and kept my eyes on the guy wearing his white uniform on the side of the field. Logan was busy swinging his bat, so he didn't notice me as I made my way towards him.

"Maxwell!" I called him out.

Binaba ni Logan ang hawak niyang baseball bat habang nakatingin sa akin. His eyes went from my face down to my cream ballet pumps.